What's new

A few observations regarding the Atmizoo Vape Shell.

A little tip for building the Vapeshell. I first built it out with my usual "I'm to busy to do something fancy" build which is a 26g Kanthal 7 wrap that usually ends up from .8 - .9 ohm with the smallest airflow plug. My first impression was not good because the flavor just wasn't there. I use the same build on my Insider and the flavor is outstanding. Although I believe the Insider is almost the Pinnacle of flavor I was hoping the Vapeshell would be at least the same. So I took the Vapeshell apart and examined the build and I noticed my coil was sitting very low on the deck because I didn't realize how much space was available. So I just pulled my build up so the BOTTOM of the coil was about the level of the screws maybe a mm higher. I put the top of the shell on and fired it to make sure it wasn't touching, all was good so I put it all back together. That first hit made me smile!! The flavor is very on par with the Insider. Moral of the story- Better flavor, higher coil.

have been using the clone in mtl mode and this did make a diff
have received a second tank today so can play around with sub ohm and dtl
running a ss coil at 0.4 ohm touching coil raised on 50/50 juice in tc with no air flow restriction and although its still a little bit of a tight draw for dtl it is rather nice
anybody got any tips for the wicking as i seem to be doing a lot of faffing about with hit and miss results
A little tip for building the Vapeshell. I first built it out with my usual "I'm to busy to do something fancy" build which is a 26g Kanthal 7 wrap that usually ends up from .8 - .9 ohm with the smallest airflow plug. My first impression was not good because the flavor just wasn't there. I use the same build on my Insider and the flavor is outstanding. Although I believe the Insider is almost the Pinnacle of flavor I was hoping the Vapeshell would be at least the same. So I took the Vapeshell apart and examined the build and I noticed my coil was sitting very low on the deck because I didn't realize how much space was available. So I just pulled my build up so the BOTTOM of the coil was about the level of the screws maybe a mm higher. I put the top of the shell on and fired it to make sure it wasn't touching, all was good so I put it all back together. That first hit made me smile!! The flavor is very on par with the Insider. Moral of the story- Better flavor, higher coil.

Received my vapeshell today. It’s my first rebuildable for my billet and I have to say it’s a bloody awesome. Flavour is spot on and surprisingly easy to build on.

I recently opened up the juice flow holes to 3mm each, I think they were at 2 or 2 1/2 mm as standard. Now I can vape as I would on my other single coilers. I usually use 21g ni80 3mm I/d so quite a big coil but it wicks like a dream.

Has anyone tried getting a mesh wick to work yet? I thought maybe we'd get away with putting a little cotton at the juice intake holes and have a mesh slug going through the coil and sitting on the cotton.

Has anyone tried getting a mesh wick to work yet? I thought maybe we'd get away with putting a little cotton at the juice intake holes and have a mesh slug going through the coil and sitting on the cotton.
Bonkers, completely bonkers :) try the In’ax Carto or BBGen for mesh

Bonkers, completely bonkers :) try the In’ax Carto or BBGen for mesh
I'm fighting with myself over whether to to buy an In'ac Carto or Grizzly.. They're both worth the cash judging by the reviews but I should probably give my bank account a rest until further in the month.

Wish I knew someone I could pinch a BBGen from :D

Bonkers, completely bonkers :)

Hey @Rob It appears someone else had the same idea. I've just come across this on the SVT facebook page. I'm going to buy some mesh to test it out :22:

Attachments

• SVT Crossbow with mesh wick.jpg
    SVT Crossbow with mesh wick.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 172
Send me a PM with your address Matey :)

Back
Top Bottom