What's new

Review VIM by Jac Vapour

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hey guys. We are back again but with a hardware review this time.

The device was sent out for the purposes of this review so a big thanks goes to Andy and the team at @JAC Vapour. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So we are looking at the small AIO from Jac vapour.

20180620_163910.jpg

So let's get started.

When this arrived I didn't have much expectations. I just though it's gonna be another plain starter kit. But I couldn't of been more wrong.

Say hello to my loyal friend

20180620_163243.jpg

So in the box we have the VIM its self along with a usb cable and a MTL coil. I was also sent a box of DL coils and a box of MTL coils. And today I received a couple of turbo coils.

So out of the box I plugged it in to charge I popped a coil in the tank and filled it up. After a few hours when my light turned green we took it for a vape. I started with a 1 ohm DL coil. One thing jac vapour excel at is making coils. I don't know what magical fairy dust they put in them but the are excellent. They last longer than the energized bunny.

I have ran various juices through it and it just keeps going. I even used max vg juice with the 1 ohm mtl coil and it could keep up with my vaping. The flavour on all the coils are great. My favourites being the new 0.7ohm turbo coil and the 0.5ohm DL coil.

I did wonder how something this small could have a 2600mah 18650 battery inside. Obviously when using a lower ohm coil you compromise battery life. But I was getting a full day and some while using a 0.5ohm DL coil. On the 1 ohm mtl coils I was getting close to 3 or 4 days use. The little VIM now comes with me everywhere either as my main device or it's in my bag as a back up.

Changing the coils is quite easy as the tank is on something like a bayonet fitting you just have to remember to always turn it clockwise to remove it but also to lock it back in place.

Changing the airflow is simple as well. There is a small rubber gromet on the bottom of the device that you just switch round to go from DL to MTL. These two airflow choices is pretty good for my style of vaping. But others have pointed out that it would be better with a selection of rubber airflow plugs. But for a first time user I would say it's ok the way it is.

Pros-
It's small and light weight so perfect for a discreet pocket mod.
The coil life is out of this world.
Simple to use-no setting to mess around with.
The price is amazing.
Cross compatible coils with all jac vapour tanks.
Great flavour on all coils.

Cons-
In the sake of finding something wrong. I would of liked to see both MTL and DL coils in the box.
There was a mistake in the manual in regards to the charging light. But that will be sorted before full production starts.
The finish on mine has got some marks on it-but must of had something in my pocket that marked it so it's not really a con.

20180620_163606.jpg

There will be accessories available on the release date of the device such as different drip tips. *edit* there will also be pods being released for the VIM also

If you think I'm making all this up then head over to had vapour and try it for yourself. You won't be disappointed with the small but mighty VIM.

The release date for the VIM is 16/7/18

www.jacvapour.com

Last edited:
Nice review

Mines for the sake of testing has been dropped twice, thrown by my autistic son in anger and slid about my car door side pocket for a day n not a mark on it.

Nice review! I received one it black which looks good, but I think it looks better in white.
Actually, our design is not the same. I think mine is 3d printed for testing and yours reflects the intended design market.
The shape and finish on yours is nicer but I prefer the placement of the trigger on my for use with my thumb with the cut-out facing away.

I'm really pleased with many aspects.
  • built like a tank
  • I don't need to worry about it being knocked over
  • very ergonomic with my finger resting in the tank cut-out
  • ideal to store in my pant pocket
  • easy to refil
  • perfect for vaping at my computer
I'm not a fan of the tip so it is great that they will offer different tips.
I would like to be able to adjust the airflow though I understand it wouldn't be easy to implement with this design.
I like the USB placement for charging but hope it is waterproof because it will fill with water when out in the rain.

Suggestion: last night I tried to turn the VIM off and was annoyed the I couldn't. I would click until it flashed green times, test and it was on.
I tried this several times and gave up. Granted it was 3 am. This afternoon I discovered that when you turn the kit off it gives no visual indications.
My gbox has a closing animation and my Smok slashes the power light. I would recommend that 3x green flashing light for both power on and power off.

Nice review! I received one it black which looks good, but I think it looks better in white.
Actually, our design is not the same. I think mine is 3d printed for testing and yours reflects the intended design market.
The shape and finish on yours is nicer but I prefer the placement of the trigger on my for use with my thumb with the cut-out facing away.

I'm really pleased with many aspects.
  • built like a tank
  • I don't need to worry about it being knocked over
  • very ergonomic with my finger resting in the tank cut-out
  • ideal to store in my pant pocket
  • easy to refil
  • perfect for vaping at my computer
I'm not a fan of the tip so it is great that they will offer different tips.
I would like to be able to adjust the airflow though I understand it wouldn't be easy to implement with this design.
I like the USB placement for charging but hope it is waterproof because it will fill with water when out in the rain.

Suggestion: last night I tried to turn the VIM off and was annoyed the I couldn't. I would click until it flashed green times, test and it was on.
I tried this several times and gave up. Granted it was 3 am. This afternoon I discovered that when you turn the kit off it gives no visual indications.
My gbox has a closing animation and my Smok slashes the power light. I would recommend that 3x green flashing light for both power on and power off.

Yours is the wee VIM, the smaller cheaper brother of this unit, this unit is £24.99, yours is £12.99 standalone or £16.99 with the tank, it's MTL only and a slightly different design. Your are right about the lock, I hadn't really noticed, but it would be better if it had 3 flashes to indicate successful turnoff, the VIM does, the wee VIM doesn't.

Yours is the wee VIM, the smaller cheaper brother of this unit, this unit is £24.99, yours is £12.99 standalone or £16.99 with the tank, it's MTL only and a slightly different design. Your are right about the lock, I hadn't really noticed, but it would be better if it had 3 flashes to indicate successful turnoff, the VIM does, the wee VIM doesn't.
Can you confirm if the USB port is waterproof?

Back
Top Bottom