What's new

How do you adjust ohms on a smok mag ??

Didnt really want to wake up a sleeping post but i couldnt find anything more recent on this.

i would like to thank the people that posted how to do this on the Smok Mag.

my reason for needing to change the resistance shown is that while in TC mode after changing the baterries the box reread the resistance of the warm coil making the resistance not correct. this made the tcr not beable to read the tc correctly causing the coil to over heat past my set temp. i had to go in and drop the resistance down from 0.125 back down to 0.118 so the temp would read right.

not sure why that small of a change made the temp completly jacked up and way overheat the coil but whatever im glad i found this post.

btw dealing with 316 SS notch coil TCR set at 60 (seems to be the perfect TCR for the Smok Mag to run a notch coil in tc mode when the resistance is set correctly)

Got it yesterday.
I have the smok 225 W TC when you lock it by hitting the trigger 5 times and then holding the down button for three seconds you can manually change the settings. Your new coil will say the recommended atomizer setting. Hope this helps!

Honestly sometimes with these mods, you can let the mod adjust it but your hits will be weaker than if you changed it by .005 or .01 or so. At least in my experience. I pretty much always let the mod adjust mine, then play around a little until my hits are at their peak. Probably a little less coil/cotton life, but I'm fine with that. However, I can't stand a weak hit lol.
Wit

Sorry guys, I don't understand this thread. Ohms is a measure of electrical resistance, which is a physical property of the metal itself. A coil's resistance is what it is. It changes a bit with temperature, but the idea of "adjusting" it makes no sense to me.

Colour me baffled.

Sorry guys, I don't understand this thread. Ohms is a measure of electrical resistance, which is a physical property of the metal itself. A coil's resistance is what it is. It changes a bit with temperature, but the idea of "adjusting" it makes no sense to me.

Colour me baffled.
If you are vaping in TC mode and need to change out your batteries, when you turn on the mod it will read the warm resistance, rather than the room temperature resistance, leading to inconsistent temp control.

Hence the need to input the original room temperature resistance of your coil.

This thread makes me uncomfortable. And it makes me dislike Smok more. I don't think this is a feature that should even be accessible outside of TC on any mod.

Based on memories from my Xcube ultra days it’ll likely be >

3 clicks > enter menu > cycle through menu options > get to ‘settings’ > click > adjust ohms

Bet it’s the same.

There is a point to it if yr using cockeley smok coils that don’t register how they should half the time.

Got it yesterday.

So I registered just to help, not only you, but everyone else on this thread who has no idea what you're talking about but I know exactly what you're talking about. When I first operated the SMOK mag, the first thing it asked me was if it was a new or old coil, which is the setting that you're looking for. The only way you can get to that setting is by removing your tank and pressing the fire key. Itll tell you there is no atomizer. After that, screw your tank back on and press the fire key. Your new coils ohms will be displayed in the new coil option and you select New Coil. Hope this has helped everybody.

Back
Top Bottom