What's new

Help with coil burning!

JEmpire

Postman
I've just started using claptons such as tri core, fused and staples. However all of these coils have died after about a day of using them.

It's weird because the cotton is saturated and not burned. So I don't know what's going on.

I used to build with juggernaut and staircase wire. But the kensei rta gets far too hot so I don't build with such wire anymore.

Can anyone help me out with what's causing my coils to fry.. I can't lower the temp down (vape at 65w). Any lower, I get serious spit back which gives me heartburn. I use SS only.

A pic is attached. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Attachments

• DSC_0090.JPG
    DSC_0090.JPG
    573.9 KB · Views: 253
Excessive sweetener in the juice is what mostly causes the build up of gunk. Very sweet juice will cause you to have to re-wick every 1-2 days or even less. You should get something like 4-7 days generally. From your pic, nothing looks unusual. I would continue to use that for a while, unless you are getting burning taste.

Excessive sweetener in the juice is what mostly causes the build up of gunk. Very sweet juice will cause you to have to re-wick every 1-2 days or even less. You should get something like 4-7 days generally. From your pic, nothing looks unusual. I would continue to use that for a while, unless you are getting burning taste.

That's what I thought but I don't know because the coil itself isn''t gunked up - it's just black. So I know coils get gunked up and you can see the gunk on the coils... However, these coils are just black and give of a burnt metallic taste when I vape. So then I take the cotton out and the cotton isn't burned. It's just the coil. I just don't understand why this is happening!

That's what I thought but I don't know because the coil itself isn''t gunked up - it's just black. So I know coils get gunked up and you can see the gunk on the coils... However, these coils are just black and give of a burnt metallic taste when I vape. So then I take the cotton out and the cotton isn't burned. It's just the coil. I just don't understand why this is happening!
Are your coils glowing from the middle out?

Are your coils glowing from the middle out?

When I build them yes..

However ihe coils aren't glowing at all (as in Im just firing the coils that were in my above pic). I'm not sure whether they should be glowing now that cotton and juice is in coil?

Are you sure there’s anything wrong with them? Coils go black when you use them.

Back
Top Bottom