Vape Superstore
What's new

How late long to keep batteries

greenbrucelee

Achiever
I have heard it's good practice to replace batteries every two years. What are your thoughts?

Royal Flush Vape
sounds about right ..... my oldest ones are a couple of years old now and I am starting to notice a little loss in being able to hold voltage, If I charge them and don't put them in my mod they will drop from 4.2 to around 4.0 in a day not being used. ... they've been babied though and never been fired with an amp draw over about 5 or 6A. ... and they typically last me a couple of hours or so less then my newer ones, so I think they are on the way out.

In the absence of obvious physical damage, I tend to go by what my charger tells me: If the battery is still charging up to more than 75% of its capacity when it was new, I figure it's probably serviceable.

AcmeFog
In the absence of obvious physical damage, I tend to go by what my charger tells me: If the battery is still charging up to more than 75% of its capacity when it was new, I figure it's probably serviceable.

^^^This. I have a pair of Samsung 25Rs that someone gave me to start me off. They must be at least a couple of years old and they are only making 95% of their original capacity. Bearing in mind that I try to not let my batteries go below 20% before I charge them, they will still last me most of a working day.

sounds about right ..... my oldest ones are a couple of years old now and I am starting to notice a little loss in being able to hold voltage, If I charge them and don't put them in my mod they will drop from 4.2 to around 4.0 in a day not being used. ... they've been babied though and never been fired with an amp draw over about 5 or 6A. ... and they typically last me a couple of hours or so less then my newer ones, so I think they are on the way out.

Sounds similar to my 25rs. Probably should replace them

My 25rs look fine but they are about the small as yours.

^^^This. I have a pair of Samsung 25Rs that someone gave me to start me off. They must be at least a couple of years old and they are only making 95% of their original capacity. Bearing in mind that I try to not let my batteries go below 20% before I charge them, they will still last me most of a working day.

I am the same as you. Time to replace it seems

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I once saw that hyperactive idiot with the beard on YouTube say he throws his away every 6 months.

I once saw that hyperactive idiot with the beard on YouTube say he throws his away every 6 months.

It depends how you use them though, vapers are the worst people for abusing them, if you are using them close to their limit all the time and charging them at 'fast charge' rates all the time .... then they could be knackered after 6 months.

AcmeFog
It depends how you use them though, vapers are the worst people for abusing them, if you are using them close to their limit all the time and charging them at 'fast charge' rates all the time .... then they could be knackered after 6 months.

I am always very cautious with mine but think I will replace my 25rs as I have used them everyday since I started vaping 27 months ago and at the start quite close to their limit. Maybe replace my Sony 5a too.

^^^This. I am using mine at about 50% of their limit, don't let them drop below 20% and never charge above 1 amp.

E-liquids.com
^^^This. I am using mine at about 50% of their limit, don't let them drop below 20% and never charge above 1 amp.

Yeah I never drop below 20% apart from when I first started. Once got to 6% just because I was ill and bed ridden, couldn't get out of bed

Back
Top Bottom