What's new

Kayfun lite leaking?

Tried it on every device I have mech and VV/VW. Got it on the Zmax V3 because they look stunning together.
I'm bowled over, years being cynical but this really was worth every quid.

Now I need to know what to buy next :D

Sits totally flush on my roller , you need a mod with adjustable centre screw. Sigelei 510s are never deep enough

I've got a Roller and a Dingo and I prefer my daddy Kayfun on a dingo, I just think the lines look better. Remember though that you need to get the 'flush' head and make sure you take the o ring out - it'll then lie perfectly flat.

As long as you promise me that she is cool with it. I'm sure they will be plenty of other suggestions but I've been in heaven with my kfl and roller. I've never really been into mech mods but this hits like a train and looks fantastic. My poor provari has been relegated to being an expencive coil checker, lol! I just wish I'd gone for a brushed finish but I bought a shiny to go with my (also redundant) genisis lv!

I had the satin finish to match my KFL but then changed my mind...
only took an hour or so watching daytime tv with a tube of Autosol :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I had the satin finish to match my KFL but then changed my mind...
only tool an hour or so watching daytime tv with a tube of Autosol :)
Nice polishing. Mind you you should have said and we could have done a swop :D you can't go wrong with autosol though!

Right I think I've got it now. The extra tightening helped but I was still getting the odd damp bottom. Then I tried drying the fill screw (I didn't want to do both at the same time so I knew what fixes it). This seems to have done it. For some reason it seems to make a better seal if its dry.

a slither of ptfe will reassure you even more :)

a slither of ptfe will reassure you even more :)
If it suddenly starts up again ill be going down to b&q, but I really wanted to find the root of this. Whilst not being top end price, it's still expencive enough to not do this :)

So you're saying if it's wet it seeps?

What's probably happening then is that the screw threads are kind of wicking e-liquid down the thread very slowly. If the threads are dry (or ptfed) then there is no path for the e-liquid to follow as either tape or an air bubble is blocking the clear path for the liquid to follow.

If that's the case then some kind of 'squishy' screw ought to solve it. Or a squishy 'tip' delrin? viton? at the top of the screw that would expand a little after it's screwed in would solve it. As would an o-ring set into the top of the screw threads to seal the fill hole properly when it's screwed in.

Back
Top Bottom