What's new

Did I Receive a Clone? Help!

JEmpire

Postman
Can someone help me.

I have bought the Serpent SMM RTA. The flavour is very muted.

I was looking online and came across a thread about clones.

The picture said the official boxing should contain the message "This product contains nicotine which is a very addictive substance". And there was a side-by-side of the clone box, which didn't contain the message.

I received the box that doesnt include the warning message, which means I must have received a clone.

However, I did search my security code on Wotofo and my product came up.

So I'm confused - am I just really bad at the coil placement or wicking, or is it in fact a clone I received? Can someone help me, I'm stressing out real badly here!

intresting where did u buy it
post some photos if u can

Not necessarily a clone. The original intended country of sale may not have required the nic blurb. Depends where the supplier obtained it.

As above. If its been sourced from a non-TPD country then it won't have the Nic warning.

Thanks.

I re-positioned the coil to sit lower and the flavour has improved.

However, there's loads of spit-back. I have one Steam Shark 0.3 ohm "Shark Vers". It was a gift from a company they sent me as part of their apology for getting an order wrong. Anyway, it's a 4 wrap coil, think it's a clapton. What wattage shoulld I be vaping... It's coming out as 0.24ohms.

I also changed the "ultum" drip tip and as well as lowering the coil and rewicking and the flavour is a lot better. Did just watch SMM's video 2 of the tank and he mentioned "loose" wick because mines doing the exact same as his in terms of making a "chugging" noise. Maybe it's my wicking too.

Thanks.

I re-positioned the coil to sit lower and the flavour has improved.

However, there's loads of spit-back. I have one Steam Shark 0.3 ohm "Shark Vers". It was a gift from a company they sent me as part of their apology for getting an order wrong. Anyway, it's a 4 wrap coil, think it's a clapton. What wattage shoulld I be vaping... It's coming out as 0.24ohms.

I also changed the "ultum" drip tip and as well as lowering the coil and rewicking and the flavour is a lot better. Did just watch SMM's video 2 of the tank and he mentioned "loose" wick because mines doing the exact same as his in terms of making a "chugging" noise. Maybe it's my wicking too.
I had a clone it was a great tank............. you just need to experiment to get it right(mind i thought it a fairly forgiving tank to work with) as for wattage i would say 45-50w but we're not all the same

I have a love/hate relationship with this tank. It sounds like you're doing most things right now and with any tank it's trial and error until you get something that works for you.

Spitback can be happening for a number of reasons. It could be that you don't have enough wick or it could be that your wattage is too low - hard to say. Just keep experimenting!

I've currently got a Clapton in mine, reading 0.4ohms and vaping at 40W. Great flavour!

I have a love/hate relationship with this tank. It sounds like you're doing most things right now and with any tank it's trial and error until you get something that works for you.

Spitback can be happening for a number of reasons. It could be that you don't have enough wick or it could be that your wattage is too low - hard to say. Just keep experimenting!

I've currently got a Clapton in mine, reading 0.4ohms and vaping at 40W. Great flavour!

Thanks for this. Changed out the cotton with a much looser wick. Combed out the ends quite a bit as well. Still spitback, but the chugging has stopped.

Put the same juice in my Bonza and the taste is slightly better in Bonza - a bit more sweeter. But apart from that, the taste is the same. So I'm defo improving greatly.

Thanks for your kind words

Back
Top Bottom