What's new

Review WOTOFO RECURVE RDA....review

I was kindly contacted by @Healthcabin asking if i would mind reviewing the WOTOFO RECURVE RDA, which i agreed to do.
Now this review is in no way influenced by @Healthcabin or wotofo in anyway and this review is my own findings and thoughts of this rda.

Mod used: vgod elite pro mech mod and pico squeeze squonker.

1st thoughts on packaging is very good with a snazzy printing on the box with a clear window of the rda inside, getting the rda out of the foam packing was fine but getting the driptip and 510 driptip adapter out was a bugger of a job but i did it but nearly destroying the package in the process.

The rda is 24mm and to look at at 1st as it has a waist a bit like Marilyn Monroe, now it did come with extra 810 driptip that also has a waist to it to with a nice curve ( all this marilyn and curves is getting me a semi here) right now just concentrate on the RDA and get marilyn out of my head, i like the 810 driptip as its black and silver swirls and just seems to click into place nicely.
I fitted the 510 pin instead of the bf pin and its got a real nice protruding 510 pin which is good to see for safety purposes for you mech users.
In the box is 3x comp wire bags but only one has coils inside the other 2x have cotton in one and spare screws and 'O' rings in the other, but please WOTOFO stop putting comp wire on all 3x bags if only one has them.

Removing the base of the recurve exposes a sort of half pipe where your SINGLE coil yes its a single coil rda sits in with the fixing screws on the sides, now it has 6 holes on each side that are aimed downwards towards the base so the airflow comes in just underneath the coil, now the coil i used was one of the coils that was included in the box which once i had cut down and wicked and juiced it come in @0:18 ohms.... now the tank just slips on but BUT it does turn about a quarter and thats for your airflow "open" or "restricted" but to be honest it made no difference imo as with the air holes all lined up there was still a slight air restriction, but the flavour i'm is very very good but for cloud chasing, NO, now hold on i'm not saying theres no clouds because there is, this rda imo is made for flavour more than for clouds.

Now i have it sat on a mech mod and i'm forever adding juice because the juice well is not much so if you over drip then you end up with juice in your mouth or if like me you give a little blow before you inhale then juice gets shot out the airholes.
But i got to admit it does look sexy on the vgod mech mod.

Time to squonk it now.
I changed the 510 over to the bf pin (was fitted as new in box) then screwed down onto the pico squeeze squonk mod and that is where this RDA feels at home as when you squeeze for more juice the excess is taken down back into the bottle, but if you do over squonk then you will get juice going through the airholes, having said that its a great little rda thats given great flavour and good clouds.

You can find the WOTOFO RECURVE RDA
At

https://www.healthcabin.net/

View attachment 159898View attachment 159899View attachment 159900View attachment 159901View attachment 159902View attachment 159903
Looks like it was made to sit on top of the vgod very tidy setup u have there

yes it shoots juice a considerable distance if you forget not to blow, but the flavour, oh the flavour !

Don’t seem to sound silly, but I do really have a problem with the juice spitting in my throat in this, so would love to know what you mean by ‘not to forget blow’ is there a technique? Do you mean Blow in or out without powering or inhaling first?

Don’t seem to sound silly, but I do really have a problem with the juice spitting in my throat in this, so would love to know what you mean by ‘not to forget blow’ is there a technique? Do you mean Blow in or out without powering or inhaling first?
Blow out on the rda when you first hit the fire buddy so the clouds vent out the airflow holes

Having spent a little more time with my Recurve I would say it is a temperamental and unforgiving little device. It will spit at you if you over-saturate your wick. It will give you a dry hit very quickly if you don't keep a constant eye on the level of saturation. A squirt too much juice and it's a soggy mess, a little bit too little juice and it's gonna be burnt cotton and re-wicking time. If you are looking for a quick convenient device that requires little or no maintenance, other than filling it up, this is NOT that device.

I use my Recurve as you might use a classic car. Great fun and flavoursome vape but always requires a lot of tinkering under the hood.

Having spent a little more time with my Recurve I would say it is a temperamental and unforgiving little device. It will spit at you if you over-saturate your wick. It will give you a dry hit very quickly if you don't keep a constant eye on the level of saturation. A squirt too much juice and it's a soggy mess, a little bit too little juice and it's gonna be burnt cotton and re-wicking time. If you are looking for a quick convenient device that requires little or no maintenance, other than filling it up, this is NOT that device.

I use my Recurve as you might use a classic car. Great fun and flavoursome vape but always requires a lot of tinkering under the hood.

I’ve had a difference experience, don’t find it temperamental at all. Flavour is getting a touch muted, one quick squonk, good to go again. If you really really oversquonk it can get a tiny bit of spit back but that’s happened maybe twice in all the months I’ve owned it. I find the design of the recurve makes oversquonking happen much less than most of my squonk rdas. It’s very good at sucking back the juice once you squonk.

Obviously your experience is difference to mine, but just thought I’d put a contrasting point.

Any RDA will spit back if over saturated

Yeah but RDA's with large juice wells will give a lot of good vapes as the juice level in the wicks gets slowly topped up by the juice loitering in the wells. The Recurve goes from over-saturated to dry hit in about four long vapes!

Just tried it and have gone from over-saturated, hideous mouthful of luice to completely dry cotton in five long draws. That is what I mean by temperamental. Running at 50w.

In between though, three very nice flavourful vapes :)

Back
Top Bottom