What's new

BBC News: Up in smoke: Is the vape shop boom about to end?

It would be an excellent idea for a cafe / bar situation where you can buy juice by the optic to enjoy in the cafe and possibly buy a bottle before you go but the quagmire of legality and uncertainties of the future probably make it an unlikely option.
If our town is anything to go by the high street is dying a death too.
Probably a same day home delivery business is likely to do better.

Ya, you get the idea I was kinda thinking of! But ya, not gonna happen with all these rules and regs. I mean, someone might drink a shot of Eliquid or something [emoji849]‍♀️

Prices are always going to limit vape shops.

The issue being they aim at the wrong markets on the whole. You want to pull in New vapers and you want to be a good supplier for liquid. When they have a big premises or rely on selling mods at potentially 30 pound more than online then it's always going to be a struggle.

Personally I stopped visiting stores a long time ago and the only store I support is the e cig shop through their online presence

Ive never been in a vape shop.
They could never have more choice or better prices than the interweb.
My knowledge came from here, not from a store owner trying to push his stock onto me.

I live in a very small town, we have 5 vape shops in the town centre and 3 on the main run, 2 are opposite each other. Until last week I hadn't been in any of them and the only reason I did was because my dad wanted his first device, he didn't want to go alone and I'd shown him some reviews of a few simple devices I thought he would get on with but he really wanted to look at them before buying, he bought one and the price was about what it is online but found most of it overpriced, 10ml for £3.99 or 3 for £10.
The fella serving annoyed me, even though I'd told him what my dad wanted he was talking to me about the device when it was my dad actually buying.
I might sound silly but I find vape shops intimidating

I
The fella serving annoyed me, even though I'd told him what my dad wanted he was talking to me about the device when it was my dad actually buying.
I might sound silly but I find vape shops intimidating

Not silly at all, they are intimidating for a lot of people. I find being the owner of a pair of boobs means that there are quite a few vape shop monkeys who talk to me like I'm an idiot. Especially as I don't wield my mod as a penis extension/replacement when I'm out and about and don't chuck clouds walking down a busy shopping street.

I would hate to be a smoker nervously toying with the idea of vaping and just popped in to find out more about it. Thank God for the Planet!

Have to say that my local B&M is actually spot on. Only one for a good few miles and the lad has done his homework. He carries a great range of juice, most of which is £1 over internet prices but almost everything is on tester so you’re not gambling. In fact, by the time you’ve selected your juice, you’ve probably vaped that £1 back.

He stocks a good range of pod systems, mid range mods and hobby kit. Add to all that, he actually listens and when you go back in, he makes good recommendations. I hope he survives.

Not silly at all, they are intimidating for a lot of people. I find being the owner of a pair of boobs means that there are quite a few vape shop monkeys who talk to me like I'm an idiot. Especially as I don't wield my mod as a penis extension/replacement when I'm out and about and don't chuck clouds walking down a busy shopping street.

I would hate to be a smoker nervously toying with the idea of vaping and just popped in to find out more about it. Thank God for the Planet!

Im glad im not silly this particular store is a franchise store so knew what they stocked and the reason I choose this one out of the 5 in town. My dad hated it in there, he said it was like walking into an opium den cos the shop was pretty cloudy, the two fellas working there were quite young (early 20s) and it certainly seemed like a hang out, my dad was unimpressed by them constantly vaping whilst serving us.

Im definitely an online buyer when it comes to my vape gear

This is pretty standard trajectory for new technology though, it will go through a period of consolidation, many shops will close, and prices will begin to settle. The shops that remain won't be the ones we would consider the 'best' or the most knowledgeable, they will be the ones with the best business accumen, access to finance and growth. Totally Wicked and Vaporized are here to stay.

^^ Precisely that. The likes of Dinner Lady are very astute - they're looking at where the market's going, and they're getting themselves ahead of it. The Lemon Tart Nic Salts is a test run. If it goes well, I'd expect them to develop on that, especially with their tobacco juice range. Very, very astute business.

I've worked in retail for nearly 20 years. The internet has been killing b&ms of all types for well over a decade. Vape shops are no different. There are bubbles, and they always burst.

I find being the owner of a pair of boobs means that there are quite a few vape shop monkeys who talk to me like I'm an idiot. Especially as I don't wield my mod as a penis extension/replacement when I'm out and about and don't chuck clouds walking down a busy shopping street.

Yeah, it's depressing isn't it? The last time I went in, I asked the guy what his tank was, and he dismissively said 'Oh, it's a rebuildable'. I got a closer look, and it was definitely a Revvo ... :hmm: He was also very concerned about my ability to understand how shortfills work. In the end I got annoyed at being patronized and told him I normally mix my own liquids :25:

Back
Top Bottom