What's new

Review/feedback request

cr0sis

Vendor
Hi all,

We would really love some feedback on our site http://8bitvape.co.uk

We're adding new flavours and options all the time and would ideally become a place where people can get excellent information re: vaping in general so all feedback, positive and negative, is welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Gaz -8bv-

Honestly? Imo the layout of your site is very.........
Retro is the best way to describe it.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. Sorry.

sorry this is negative, looks like a home made blog and very unprofessional, it would not make me want to buy mate. needs some real major changes there for a web store front

I agree with Clint - I can see what you are trying to achieve but the images are so retro that they simply look amateur. ''It's all about branding'' as they say on Dragon's Den and I can't even read your company logo.

Well done for trying to do something different but it needs some major work. I know it sounds obvious but take a look at some of the vendors like Cloud 9 or Vape Escape and it's so much easier to 'move around' their site.

Good luck with the venture, Jase.

Another negative, sorry. It looks very "DIY", a bit like a secondary school project. I get the wanting of a retro feel but it looks very boring and plain. Maybe use more of the page, bigger bolder headers, more colours, up to date looking with a retro/old gamer twist? The mix section would look better if all the info was already there and the options are at the side with the drop down menus? Just my honest opinion.

Yes, it was completely DIY in an effort to avoid becoming another ten-a-penny re-skinned webstore, we're taking everything on board though and thanks for the feedback =]

Personally I love the retro gamer feel, but I'm a retro game collector so you are appealing to my 2 loves. Unfortunately retro gaming vapers is abit of a niche market and I'm not sure how many more of us are out there :)

I'm pleasantly surprised NOT to find a template driven bog standard site, so well done there sir.

I'll admit to struggling to correlate 8bit retro gaming to vaping...I cant see the link. Although I loved DigDug

compare to...errr...
http://www.electrictobacconist.co.uk/
its got all the theme stuff going, but with all the "modern" requirements of a web site. Maybe move a bit in that direction?

Yes, it was completely DIY in an effort to avoid becoming another ten-a-penny re-skinned webstore, we're taking everything on board though and thanks for the feedback =]

Hope you're not offended.

I on the other hand commend the name and what you are trying to achieve ... 8bit ... I at least get it ;)

are you building the site itself ? from scratch .. code base upwards etc ?

I totally get what you are saying about reskinned web store ... however some are better than others .. there are a lot of self installable web scripts out there, paid or otherwise that are excellent. (im not talking about pre built free web builder type sites here AKA mr Site etc) - and while I share your love of total bespoke .. the thing is these days the fact that ecommerce sites follow a certain ... formulae is in fact a good thing to stick too .. people feel comfortable with it ... So id spend personally a bit more time on the design ... and less on the bespoke, I still think you could work the whole 8bit graphics into it comfortably ... but a bit more thought into the placement and colours ..

so im waffling ... but in essence ...

I like the idea of 8bit graphics (Ill show you the paintings I have on my wall) - try coupling that with a decent layout and a design (perhaps employ a designer to realise the 8bit vision) stick it on a familiar flowing system and you have something ... hope thats not too harsh!

my wall paintings (by myself)

photo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom