What's new

Review Written Review - Modfactory Billet Box Bridge

mustybadger

Postman
20180619_100225.jpg

Don't seem to see many people talk about this bridge so I thought I'd leave my thoughts on it.

Available from: http://shop.modfactory.eu/#!/MF-BIlletBoxBridge-FULL-KIT/p/103434173/category=22155282

I was using the Atlantis Boro for a few weeks, but grew frustrated with the non-sock Boro tank and how fiddly it was to get coils in and out of the Boro. I didn't find the build quality of the FT version of the SXK Atlantis Boro to be anywhere close to their normal Boro quality either. Once you got everything set up, it was a good vape, but more effort than it was worth. If I wanted a fiddly bridge, I'd just use a rebuildable.

Then came in the Modfactory bridge, and what a difference.

The package that it comes with contains a bridge for the Vaporesso EUC coils (0.3, 0.5, 0.6 ohm ceramic & 0.2, 0.4, 0.6 cotton coils). For anyone that has used these coils before, you'll know that they are stellar coils. The ceramic coils produce an extremely stellar vape and the flavour is on-par with other rebuildable bridges I've used. They also last bloody ages too. The cotton coils tend to take slightly longer to break in, and don't last as long as their ceramic counterparts, but they're still stellar coils and very economical.

One of the major benefits of using the EUC coils, apart from the excellent flavour, is the fact that they don't need to be run at stupidly high wattages. The 0.5ohm ceramic coils perform incredibly well at 25-30 watts, which works brilliantly with the DNA60 in the BB, giving really stellar battery life and a very satisfying DTL inhale.

The package also contains a bridge for use with the Vaporesso Drizzle coils, as well as 1x 1mm airflow adapter and 1x 2mm airflow adapter. These coils are specifically designed for MTL vaping and come in 1.3ohm (ceramic) and 1.4ohm (cotton) variations. Again, these coils are stellar MTL coils. I was a big fan of the Vaporesso Drizzle kit, and found that the vape quality on the 1.3ohm ceramic heads was some of the best MTL vaping I've experienced from a stock coil tank. Excellent flavour and longevity.

The only downer here, for me, is the fact that with an SXK boro, the top cap doesn't seem to screw all the way down with the MF bridge installed (as you can see in the picture). This may be an issue with my particular BB (I've noticed my 510 screw is different on this BB than it is on my other SXK BB's), and it doesn't detter from the vape experience in any way, but may be a problem to others.

For an authentic bridge at 49 euro, I think the price is just about right. Maybe slightly overpriced as it doesn't ship with an additional Boro, but the build quality and the vape it provides is just about enough justification for the price.

Overall, if you have a Billet Box, I would highly recommend this bridge. It's super easy to set up, the coil options are really good and you don't need a proprietary boro. Well worth the investment for me.

Edit: Forgot to add, one final benefit is the lack of condensation buildup. I've actually not had a single drip of condensation using this bridge with the 0.5ohm ceramic EUC coils which is huge!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom