What's new

Voltage Confusion?!?!

Ryanlk

Initiate
Hi All
I use an Eleaf iStick mini (10 Watts max) which only has variable voltage between 3-5 volts. You can’t alter or see watts. I combine this with an Aspire K2 tank. I’ve always vaped at 3.7 with an Aspire 1.8ohm general bvc coil because according to those charts online, anything above that is in the danger zone.
However, on the coil pack it says to use 4.2-5 volts. What’s all that about??
Cheers!

4.24v on a 1.8ohm coil will give you the max 10w on that mod. At 3.7v you were getting 7.6w. The figures on coils are a general guide, with the max recommended voltage the manufacturer deems safe. 5v would give you a wattage of just under 14w, which your mod can't do.

If you were happier with the vape at 3.7v vape, then stick to it. Coils tend not to last as long when run at max settings anyway.

If you apply 3.7v to a 1.8ohm coil you get 7.6 volts.
4.24v applied to a1.8 ohm coil will produce 10w.

If you set it higher than 4.24v it will still only give you 10w because it is a regulated device so the electrical circuit does some magic stuff to keep you safe. I do not understand any of that stuff that goes on inside regulated mods because I only use mechs (no circuits)
Not sure what charts you are looking at but they almost certainly do not apply to your device.

Hi All
I use an Eleaf iStick mini (10 Watts max) which only has variable voltage between 3-5 volts. You can’t alter or see watts. I combine this with an Aspire K2 tank. I’ve always vaped at 3.7 with an Aspire 1.8ohm general bvc coil because according to those charts online, anything above that is in the danger zone.
However, on the coil pack it says to use 4.2-5 volts. What’s all that about??
Cheers!
And 3 clicks of your fire button will put you into wattage mode [emoji6]

If you apply 3.7v to a 1.8ohm coil you get 7.6 volts.
4.24v applied to a1.8 ohm coil will produce 10w.

If you set it higher than 4.24v it will still only give you 10w because it is a regulated device so the electrical circuit does some magic stuff to keep you safe. I do not understand any of that stuff that goes on inside regulated mods because I only use mechs (no circuits)
Not sure what charts you are looking at but they almost certainly do not apply to your device.

Hey, this is the type of chart I’m referring to.... https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2015/02/voltage-watts-ohms-vapers.html

Back
Top Bottom