What's new

TPD 2ml tanks loophole

But if this is the case, how come the EU didn’t succumb to pressure from the pharma industry in 2013 and regulate e-cigarettes as medical devices? They voted against doing it, how would that make sense if your heirs is true?

Big Pharma gaining control of vaping would have been a disaster IMO( they are bastards worse than big tobacco)....regulating solely as a medical device would have prob seen strict controls...and prob only any available to buy liquid(possible devices) through them and their outlets....nae vape shops nae websites....n that...total control.

Big Pharma gaining control of vaping would have been a disaster IMO( they are bastards worse than big tobacco)....regulating solely as a medical device would have prob seen strict controls...and prob only any available to buy liquid(possible devices) through them and their outlets....nae vape shops nae websites....n that...total control.
Tobacco companies are already trying to take out vaping with a device of their own from what I've heard....

Tobacco companies are already trying to take out vaping with a device of their own from what I've heard....

They were late to the party, and have developed some heat not burn device.....it a wee bit different

There was some scandal around that as I recall ... someone got fired or something after the discovery of big cash sums from big pharma

after that .. no way they could vote for it and not outwardly dodgy

Was that not to do with lifting the snus ban? I think a few people resigned after large sums of money had been exchanged. Always possible there was more than one scandal though.

Aye, exactly.

I think because once the government recognizes it as a medical device, it could open up discussions about it being a covered therapy for smokers. But then again, once the government is involved then they start shaking down for cuts and wanting only government vape shops, which will hurt us in the end. I like the way we have it now, and look forward to the future to see if it truly is 95 percent less harmful than smoking.... but I think tobacco companies have too much sway....

Aye but the point is if this happened the pharma industry would have the whole thing in the pocket, they would produce crap generic devices, charge a fortune for them and the government would be buying them up and giving them out free or at most for a prescription charge.

Last edited:
This is probably (hopefully) a silly question, but am I OK to walk around in public with a 5ml tank?

I thought it was just that vendors weren't allowed to sell any tank over 2ml, but people could still use larger tanks.

If not I've been breaking the law A LOT lately lol

This is probably (hopefully) a silly question, but am I OK to walk around in public with a 5ml tank?

I thought it was just that vendors weren't allowed to sell any tank over 2ml, but people could still use larger tanks.

If not I've been breaking the law A LOT lately lol

Absolutely. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ah ok so i don’t need to walk about with my kayfun in a brown paper bag any more?

Back
Top Bottom