What's new

Smok osub king

Monkeyfuddle

I have an osub king my wife got me for Valentine's but last week it's started to misread battery status fresh charged cells are shown as empty and the device turns off batteries checked on other devices and charger as fully charged I've looked on smok website with no help any ideas any one . Has anyone else had similar issues with the king mod

hi and welcome to the planet.

the simple answer is.......smok are shite and their QC has gone down the swanny.
back in the day the xcubes were well built and my 2 are still going strong after 3 years. my 2 aliens are still working but paint is peeling like crazy.
in the last 18 months they have flooded the market with mods almost every couple of weeks and it seems they are more interested in making sales and not on the quality of their gear any more.

i think most mods shoud have a 6 month warranty but it all depends on where you bought it. contact the seller and see if they will help as its faulty and only 3 months old. if they tell you to contact smok direct then give up and chuck it as youve got no chance.

Hi @Monkeyfuddle (awesome name by way)

Afraid as @MrDJ says, Smok over the past 24 months have really gone downhill and you are experiencing a very common problem. I have a couple of Aliens sat in my cupboard that I need to repair for friends but I've no doubt it will be more expensive to get the parts than the mods are even worth. Yours is probably the same.

Might be time to go mod shopping, if you let us know the requirements you have, you will get some great suggestions.

Hi @Monkeyfuddle (awesome name by way)

Afraid as @MrDJ says, Smok over the past 24 months have really gone downhill and you are experiencing a very common problem. I have a couple of Aliens sat in my cupboard that I need to repair for friends but I've no doubt it will be more expensive to get the parts than the mods are even worth. Yours is probably the same.

Might be time to go mod shopping, if you let us know the requirements you have, you will get some great suggestions.
Thanks MrDJ sure there must be a way around it . And I've got other mods just like this one and it's a bit gutting , looks tidy and goes well with my kylin with the red o ring in and my wife got it for me so she down as well as for other mods I've got 2 t-privs going strong smok osub 80w a Tesla stealth she's an old one but still going ,a cool fire four 18650 a reulaux and my first ever vape my cool fire iv still going but just not up to my 70 watt vape style . I was just wondering if anyone new a fix or had had similar issues . I know smok has aquired a bad name cos let's face it it's same chip different face but this is the first time I've had a problem an I'm not a quiter there has to be a fix some where out there I just guidance to the right idea . An thank you for the compliment my tag .

I don't want to go against what others have been saying about SMOK but for the sake of all SMOK users out there that are happy, if not delighted with their SMOK products, it is a rash generalization to say all SMOK products are bad. There seems to be a lot of reports of SMOK products going wrong but it's perfectly fair and reasonable to assume that this is partly because they have such a large share of the new vaper, sub-ohm market.

I have had, and continue to have several SMOK products that are very good quality and have worked perfectly since purchase, over the past two years.

Sorry to hear of your OSUB king's problems. Refer back to your retailer and see if you can get any help from them.

no idea if these mods have a factory reset or if the osub has software updates that might help but ill let owners of this mod advise on that.

i think most mods shoud have a 6 month warranty but it all depends on where you bought it. contact the seller and see if they will help as its faulty and only 3 months old. if they tell you to contact smok direct then give up and chuck it as youve got no chance.

I am going to try to be really clear about this. In the UK we have a piece of legislation called the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Basically any item bought/sold in the UK has a 12 month warranty, regardless of what the shop/manufacturer says/believes. It is all detailed here...

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Good luck on getting them to comply to that.

If it is a UK vendor a brief chat from the local trading standards dept will soon yield a positive response, I have got tougher vendors than a vape shop to give in and do the right thing before now. Smok on the other hand are a tough cookie to crack. I have an open case with trading standards against Smok. Mine is a little different as they are investigating the overall standard of the Smok Qbox to determine if it is fit for sale in the UK, rather than me just getting my money back. As the vendor I bought it from is in the same boat as me and is out of pocket to Smok for a lot of wedge as they fail to comply with their own published warranty.

My advice is not to buy Smok at all as they will not honour any kind of warranty and their mods are a pile of shite.

Back
Top Bottom