What's new

10ml vs. Shortfills vs. Mix your own?

Have you swapped to shortfills - or still buy 10ml?

• Swapped to Shortfills

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Buy 10mls

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Mix my own

Votes: 46 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
99% DIY my own juices but the other day I bought a 60ml shortfill with a £1 10ml 18mg nic shot making it a 60ml 3mg juice.

Thought about this for a while and decided to do a little maths. When I DIY 60ml, I use 2.5ml of 72mg Nicotine. This equates to enough nicotine in a litre of 72mg nic, to produce 400 60ml bottles of juice.

last purchase of a litre of nic cost me about £35, If tried to make 400 60ml bottles using nic shots, it would cost £400 !!

Is £1 the normal going rate for nic shots? If so it seems a crazy way to do things.

99% DIY my own juices but the other day I bought a 60ml shortfill with a £1 10ml 18mg nic shot making it a 60ml 3mg juice.

Thought about this for a while and decided to do a little maths. When I DIY 60ml, I use 2.5ml of 72mg Nicotine. This equates to enough nicotine in a litre of 72mg nic, to produce 400 60ml bottles of juice.

last purchase of a litre of nic cost me about £35, If tried to make 400 60ml bottles using nic shots, it would cost £400 !!

Is £1 the normal going rate for nic shots? If so it seems a crazy way to do things.

I only have to pay £1 for a nic shot if I buy my shortfills online....whenever I buy shortfills in my local B&M's, the nic shot is free with the juice. Only one free nic shot though, it's a squid for each nic shot thereafter.

I only have to pay £1 for a nic shot if I buy my shortfills online....whenever I buy shortfills in my local B&M's, the nic shot is free with the juice. Only one free nic shot though, it's a squid for each nic shot thereafter.

Of course, it shouldn't be possible to obtain 72mg nicotine anymore, by ordinary members of the public but most of us DIYers have got a fair bit stored away from the pre-tpd days.

From £35 to £400! that's daylight robbery! or put another way, 9 pence before and £1 now.

Of course, it shouldn't be possible to obtain 72mg nicotine anymore, by ordinary members of the public but most of us DIYers have got a fair bit stored away from the pre-tpd days.

From £35 to £400! that's daylight robbery! or put another way, 9 pence before and £1 now.

Wow putting it that way makes the TPD suck even more!

At some point I will move onto mixing my own juice, but for now I will stick to shortfills.
10ml bottles are such a faff, and far more expensive per ml than shortfills.
Today I bought 100ml of quality juice in a shortfill bottle and 2x10ml of nic for the bargain price of £12 all in....can't complain at that.

i alway buy a few 10ml bottles every month just for a change i got the bull brand custard@ 3mg the other day from pound world
but make one shots up 1 or two 250ml a month

alway buy a few 10ml bottles every month just for a change i got the bull brand custard@ 3mg the other day from pound world
but make one shots up 1 or two 250ml a month.

buy 10's mainly and started to mix my own.

Higher nicotine vaper, so short fills are useless with nic shots.... I use 18mg nic shots as my base to add concentrates to. :D

Yes - pretty much DIY is the way it's going - via shortfills. We're a small outfit but still sales of 10ml are static at the very best. Trying to dump stock right now

My limited budget means mostly shortfills for me -plus one shot type concentrates. I'm lucky in that I want 3mg 70/30 so I am well catered for. I didn't buy any nic pre-TPD and I don't think my OH would like it in the house if I did manage to get some now so I'm fairly happy to buy nic shots.

I like to see 10mls on sale, though, as I'd rather only buy 10mls of a new juice to try (no-one likes having 55mls of something you don't really like hanging around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom