What's new

Crazy new rules in Oz

Tried to emigrate to Australia a couple of years ago.
Encouraged in part by the lack of skilled engineers there.

Could have funded it to around 300K UK pounds.
When I retired could have got my UK pensions paid into an Australian account.
Possibly in a few years something else I have will yield me another 100K.

But no, apparently engineers over 55 are not required...................
They've got the right idea. Look at the UK. Requirements to enter;

To speak English. A bonus but not necessary. We'll just put them in an area where nobody else speaks English either.

To have money to support yourself. Nah, tax payer will take care of that.

To have accommodation. Nope. Plenty of houses for us to give away. After all, what's the problem, the homeless don't need houses anyway!

Have a job lined up. Why the fook would they need a job lined up? Only means less benefits.

Australia's immigration policy may not suit foreigners but I wish we would adopt it quick smart.

Last edited:
How can you not be laid back in Australia with the heat. If I lived there I'd be laid back.. on a sun lounger snoring

To speak English. A bonus but not necessary. We'll just put them in an area where nobody else speaks English either.

To have accommodation. Nope. Plenty of houses for us to give away. After all, what's the problem, the homeless don't need houses anyway!

Have a job lined up. Why the fook would they need a job lined up? Only means less benefits.

Australia's immigration policy may not suit foreigners but I wish we would adopt it quick smart.
i better not comment on this one :)

Daily Mail or Sun reader?

Back
Top Bottom