What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Oh dear ...... Potential Wismec Predator 510 problem

I had one briefly and it was cool then I had to clean the firing contact because it was auto firing. Then about a month into ownership it stopped reading atomizers so that is a thing too . My 2/3 had the same issue but 6 months later at 60k puffs .

I had one briefly and it was cool then I had to clean the firing contact because it was auto firing. Then about a month into ownership it stopped reading atomizers so that is a thing too . My 2/3 had the same issue but 6 months later at 60k puffs .

What tank was you running with it at the time it went T!T$ up?

28mm zephyr Buddha, i vaped around 115watts . I ran it for a year prior without issue on my rx200 which is still going issue free.

Attachments

• 20170503_013900.jpg
    20170503_013900.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 322
In hindsight if the 510 didn't crap out Vaping With Twisted 420s triple would have fit nice on the Predator and probably permiated less so I wouldn't have needed to clean The firing contact as much . Also The mod is really stuffed together and uses the cheap vinyl battery tubes like the es300. In the instance you still want one I found the mod refused to shutoff and required me to take the cells out manually to shut down . I figured it was firmware as Wismec updates are hit and miss. The second time I put batteries in the device after the occurrence it started running off immediately after I pressed the fire button. The firing might time out at 10 seconds . I'd rather play with mech mods than mess with the capabilities of a Wismec board. I've heard of these catching fire but haven't seen pictures . The es 300s definitely autofired into detonating with a simular board .

Last edited:
The 510 connection ran fine for me for over a year but now I am getting the Atomizer short message between every hit. I remove the batteries, put them back in and I can get another fire up out of it. I suspect the problem is I used an RDA on it and juice has just seeped through over time and gunked up the connection. I've ran a cotton bud around the connection and it's clean but same problem persists. Rather than taking it apart I just ordered the Dovpo M VV mod instead :)

The wire between the 510 & terminals is thin, poorly soldered & prone to breaking off. This increases when used with atties with longer 510 pins, putting extra pressure on the sprung 510. I ended up using attie gaskets with some atties to prevent this on the Predator & so far no issues.

no one buy this or any smok mod !
under powered
bad design
crap

510 breaks if u look at it

juice gets into fire bar very easily causing auto fireing dangerous

usb port will break if a feather land near it
etc etc

no one buy this or any smok mod !
under powered
bad design
crap

510 breaks if u look at it

juice gets into fire bar very easily causing auto fireing dangerous

usb port will break if a feather land near it
etc etc
Mines still rock solid a year on. Perhaps your a clumsy fecker [emoji6][emoji16]

Mines still rock solid a year on. Perhaps your a clumsy fecker [emoji6][emoji16]
lol i am
but iv seen lots of these returning to my local bnm on par with smoks
most had no aty problems but a few were auto firing

Back
Top Bottom