What's new

THC TAUREN tube mech mod..review...

joe clay

Veteran
This review is of my own thoughts on said item, i have nothing to do with the company in question and allthough i have been sent this for free or i have purchased this item doe's not in anyway give weight to my review outcome, in other words if it is shite then i will say its shite and if it is good then i will say its good.

Remember that this review is for a MECHANICAL MOD and you MUST now about ohms law and battery safety.

You MUST be an experienced vaper to use Mechanical Mods.

Last week i purchased the TAUREN Mech Mod by Thunderhead Creations.

Main Feature:

1. Innovative Ball Connected Button
2. 360°Full Contact, No Firing slack
3. Uniquely Painted
4. Compatible with 18650/20700/21700 battery

Product measurements

Size: 26mm at bottom..92.5mm long and 24mm at top.
Package Size: 39(d)*110.5(h)mm
Battery Compatible: 18650/20700/21700

Packing list:

1 x THC Tauren Mech Mod
1 x THC chain with metal tag
1 x Flannelette Bag
1 x 18650 adapter.

The mech comes in a stylish metal tube with the mod and chain & tag inside the tube and this was all inside the flannelette bag.
Why theres a chain and a tag (metal in shield shape) with THC etched into it is with this mod i have no idea unless you collect key rings, theres no spare spring with this mod but thats not a problem.

The Tauren mech mod i have here is the brass with a blackish paint (all will become clear later) with engraved "THC" in a sort of "W" shape engraving on the top with 510 threading, the side of the mech mod has "TAUREN" engraved with (looks like) a "shield with a bullshead in front" logo then the serial No. Engraved along the bottom, all this engraving highlights the brass (brass being my chosen metal)
The engraving on the top, tauren and serial No. Is lightely engraved to highlight the brass but the "shield with bullshead" logo is engraved a lot deeper with a ridge going from top to bottom of logo and engraving getting deeper as it goes outward of logo with some sharp edges of logo but NOT enough to hurt or scrape your hand.

There is a slight groove from just above centre and slightly goes downwards on either side and disappears, (its a bit like the star trek tick) and this slight groove sits just nicely between the thumb and index finger and becomes nicely balanced when the rda is fitted.
The paint effect is really quite nice, its in a sort of cerikote coating but not rough to the touch but sort of like a 2000 grit sand paper, and no it won't sand your hands smooth if they are rough hehehe.
The colour of the paint is black but with very fine grey specs that shows up in the light with a soft sheen to it, for some reason i really like this colour and feel, it would have been better imo to have wording and number on one side and logo on otherside instead of all on one side and if you look closely you can see a 2 slight lines from top to bottom of mod on opposite sides (yes i know its a round tube mech) ok then lets say one at 12pm and one at 6pm, that better ? For those of you who rewrap your batteries, you know the 2 lines after you've wrapped your cells well its like that, does it alter the feel of it? No... does it alter the look? Maybe those with ocd might have an issue but not really.

The TAUREN does not only take an 18650 battery but also a 20700 battery AND yes AND a 21700 battery.
Now this mod does come with a hard black plastic type 18650 battery adaptor tube with one end closed off with what looks like a silver plated 510 pin contact with 2 small vent holes one opposite each other next to pin, just remove this tube to fit your 20700 or 21700 battery, but with the tube removed it then becomes a bare metal tube inside, so make sure your batteries are in great condition and check the wrap for nicks, there is a black gasget inside where the 510 hole is covering the whole 510 area.
There is threading for the fire/ battery closure button on the tube mech with 4 grooves going from start of threading to the bottom of the tube, these are for what i think is for battery vents.

Now for the fire button, now this switch is different from the normal spring or magnet type fire button..WHY? Because theres a (what looks like) a silverplated ball bearing inside that makes full contact, now sit down boys and girls and uncle Joe will explain how this works, now i have to strip the button down, 1st off the button itself is a brass disc with an engraved shield logo on one side (this side is on the outside of mod) and on the otherside there is a small round groove in the middle , then ontop of this there is a silver disc thats been cut into 4 quarters, when put together there is a centre hole but the hole is very slightly concaved so make sure you insert them correctly, and when inserted there is the small hole now this is where the silver ball sits, the spring then sits inside.
The actual battery contact is brass with a slight raised centre with 2 vent holes one on opposite side of raised contact, and this looks to be press fitted into a white delrin type material with threading going around the outside then it reduces in diameter to about 15mm across and raised about 3mm with a hole in the centre of this white material where you can see the back of brass contact but this also is concaved in the centre.
So how does all this work, well its really very good as wherever you press the fire button it will make contact with the ball switch, you know when you press the fire button off centre on other mods it sometimes doesn't make contact? Well not with this switch, press it on the edge of switch and yes contact and its not a hard or soft press but just the right amount of pressure.

Only thing is, you cannot lock it but the switch does sit inside slightly
Now with the battery inserted you screw in the switch but theres no sprung battery take up, you have to screw in using your thumb or finger, and it screws up inside so theres not much exposed really and it would have been nice to have it screwed on to say the outside making it easier, also i would fit your rda 1st and then tighten the battery.

Now to vape it, wow this THC TAUREN mech mod hits hard making very good use of the metal ball contact no matter where or how i press the fire button it makes full contact, the feel of the mod feels really good in the hand and sits comfortably between thumb and index finger and doesn't feel like it wants to slip in my hand , now allthough i went for the brass and black its not very heavy to be honest i find it lighter than it looks (thats without battery and rda fitted).

Overall i really like this mech mod and i am glad i bought it? Yes! And what i paid for it i think is money well spent.

I have used this mech mod every day and it hits hard EVERY time.. as long as my battery is fully charged [emoji16]

Thank you for reading my review and this was writen by myself of my own thoughts and findings.....and sorry for i have had to have the photos at the end as it cannot be helped.

You can get yours here;

https://vaping101.co.uk/

20180521_201950.jpeg
20180521_202026.jpeg
20180521_203032.jpeg
20180521_202147.jpeg
20180521_202159.jpeg
20180521_202206.jpeg
20180521_202232.jpeg
20180521_202245.jpeg
20180521_202353.jpeg
20180521_202435.jpeg
20180521_202445.jpeg
20180521_202454.jpeg
20180521_202719.jpeg
20180521_202746.jpeg
20180521_203141.jpeg
20180521_202908.jpeg

nice bit of innovation there, taking SOI's clutch system a little further employing the ball.......

Amazing review mate [emoji5] infact it's that good you sold it to me and I'm ordering one [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom