What's new

buying batteries and charger

silk186

Achiever
I'm back in the UK and I'm looking to pick up some batteries and a charger.

These are the mods I will be using the batteries with:
  • GeekVape GBOX Squonker Kit with Radar RDA
  • Geekvape Aegis Legend Kit with Aero mesh version Sub ohm Tank (60-80W)
  • Eleaf iStick TC 100w
It seems that the Samsung 30Q, LG HG2 and Sony vtc5as are popular recommendations and on fogstar and 18650 that the 30Qs are the cheaper option. I know that Fogstar and 18650 are the two recommended sellers and that one is supposed to have sales on Fridays which is coming up. Does this also cover chargers?

I've been using USB charging so far and would like to pick up a charger. I was planning to go with a 4 bay but batteries are lasting a while for me so I would consider a 2-bay if it is a good deal.

Some recommended chargers are

Xtar SV2 'Rocket'
Xtar VC4
Gyrfalcon 44

Opus BT - C3100
Efest Luc V4
Liitokala Lii - 500
Folomov A4
Nitecore NEW i4

Can I get any good deals on a charger in the UK or would I need to order from Fasttech, efun or healthcabin? Too many choices which would be made easier with a good bargain.

Fogstar has a forum discount code, check his thread, valid all week. The Fogstar Friday code varies & isn't always on chargers as well as batteries. Samsung 25r are a good all-rounder. VTC5a's & the new Vapcell range are good as well. 30q will be fine . Personally I would get the Xtar VC4 (got the VC4 & Dragon myself) but any charger you do get, get it here not China.

my xtar sv2 rocket was cheaper at 18650.com than fogstar because even though the discounts were 10% vs 15% respectively 18650 has free delivery.

my xtar sv2 rocket was cheaper at 18650.com than fogstar because even though the discounts were 10% vs 15% respectively 18650 has free delivery.
Same, and I think the discount codes are sitewide. Occasionally Fogstar's Friday discount is 20%, but we just had one of those. I end up doing a basket in both and see the difference in price after shipping costs.

I have had an Efest Soda 2 Bay for over a year now and it has been a superb charger.

Discount code is POTV15 if you can’t wait until Friday for the fogstar deals
As above Samsung 25r are a good all rounder https://www.fogstar.co.uk/
Discount code has changed, check Ben's thread. Everything is discounted. As said already, Fogstar Friday isn't always a better discount but occasionally 20% like last week but this is a discount for non POTV members as they don't benefit from forum discount.

For peace of mind I'd go to Fogstar - that's where we get all our batteries and chargers at a wholesale level, have the utmost of trust in them.

New Fogstar discount code is in this thread

I bought the Xtar VC4 charger on Fogstar and have been very happy with it, though this only comes with a USB port and no mains leads. Due to how many USB to Mains leads I'm using now I've also purched a Xtar U1 6-U to just use a single mains, it has intelligent ports so it won't push more power than it needs to a single device making it quite versatile. 18650.UK sell this thing as well though it costs a bit more than them.

In regards to batteries I've been fine with Samsung 25R and 30Q's, though have picked up a few of the new Vapcell 2800mah/25AMP batteries from Fogstar which I'm waiting to get, Mooch and others seem to be rating them well.

Back
Top Bottom