What's new

America's first vaping accident fatality

And it has got me a little worried but that worry will make me check my mods and batteries

This is a good wake up call, I could do with checking my batteries more often and whatnot.
Fuck me though, it went into his head.
Jesus.

Would be nice if there was a piece of kit out there that you could put your batteries in, like a charger, that could give you some insight into the state of the battery and whether or not it was close to failure or if it was good to go. Coming from an electrical background however, I don't think such a thing is possible but maybe by discharging and measuring voltage decay, it might be possible to determine if your battery is getting too old? Any thoughts? Could be a good business venture if such a device could be manufactured.

Poor bloke...a stark reminder. I dont really see how full mechs are really needed at the point imo, a good mosfet will produce the same vape with some safety to it.

Would be nice if there was a piece of kit out there that you could put your batteries in, like a charger, that could give you some insight into the state of the battery and whether or not it was close to failure or if it was good to go. Coming from an electrical background however, I don't think such a thing is possible but maybe by discharging and measuring voltage decay, it might be possible to determine if your battery is getting too old? Any thoughts? Could be a good business venture if such a device could be manufactured.

Surely we have all the info we need. The manufacturers set the safety parameters when they set the amp limits, then professional like Mooch check those ratings using expensive kit that we can not afford. I believe at least in part it involves internal battery temp. Stick to those amp limits avoid shorts, overheating and do not use damaged cells or wraps. That is pretty much it really.

I have seen video of dendrite growth inside a cell that I believe was constructed using images from an MRI scanner. This was fairly new science and the first time scientists had been able to see dendrite growth without cutting the cells open. So unless we are all going to buy MRI scanners we can not really know what is going on inside a cell so we are best working within the safety parameter of max cdr as established by the manufacturers and Mooch.

The media are reporting in USA that there have been 195 vape fire explosion type incidents in 7 years not fatal. Now take into account how many vapers in USA over that time period, and then look how many house fires caused by lit cigarettes in the same time frame. Bet I know which is greatest.

Just read on a US govt website in 2015 1800 fatal House fires.
13.8% of these caused by cigarettes which means 248 in one year. Puts it into context.

I would like a clear comprehensive report on the case instead of "man blows his head off" we cannot learn from this. Knowing if he was even building on it or using a sub tank, which tank? what build? what battery was he using? when did he buy the battery? was this his only device? was he a heavy vaper? was he an experienced vaper?..... we never get the whole picture from the press. (just the mech in this case)

Im sorry to say but i think he has massed up somewhere. Any battery must get warm and vent before thermal runaway...surly. So to not recognize this then put the vape to your face is a death wish. RIP

Love Mechs and will always use them!!

Back
Top Bottom