What's new

Calling the experts - RDA and squonker help needed

Kingerax

Postman
Hey expert vapes!

Ok I wrote a post like 5 days ago saying how I would never buy another buildable tank because I'm terrible at building (I'd purchased a couple of RDTA's..... they are currently gathering dust in a drawer after I gave up trying).....yeah I'm flakey.....cos yesterday I got the wotofo recurve!

Omg it's amazing. Took me minutes to build and I'm loving it (feel entitled to lots of back patting , my first RDA and it's lovely!). I'm feeling very girl power right now

Questions though

1) currently have 0.25 ohm coil, what's the max wattage I shouldn't go beyond? I have it set on 40w which im loving but wasn't sure where the limit is for max wattage

2) how often do people tend to change their cotton?

3) how often do people generally change the coil?

4) where can I buy good pre-made coils?

And lastly....this RDA is also compatible with a squonker.....what's a good regulated squonker kit?

I saw that the ijoy got panned. I've looked at the new aspire squonker but that's semi-regulated (how safe is that?)

I currently use all regulated devices. I don't have any desire to go into mech mods. I'm not stupid but I don't trust myself to never make a mistake. I like the feeling that my mod has my back enough to not allow me to blow myself up

Thanks!

ijoy 216, geekvape gbox, pico. what size is the tank ?

Last edited:
too big for pico then, I`m using Anita....havent had it long enough to recommend but its working o`k

as for wick and coil - wick once a week or earlier if you need, coils anything upto 6 months.

Give @Smut a shout for some awesome coils.

Also found Coiloligy coils good from Vaping101.

My go to build is usually 4 or 5 wraps Brochrome from stealth vape, just had some ni80 flat wire from crazy wire company and I can’t tell the difference (cheaper)

Give @Smut a shout for some awesome coils.

Also found Coiloligy coils good from Vaping101.

My go to build is usually 4 or 5 wraps Brochrome from stealth vape, just had some ni80 flat wire from crazy wire company and I can’t tell the difference (cheaper)

Crazy Wire flat ss316 is also good and use it in my squonkers. Prefer the flavour to Ni80

Hey expert vapes!

Ok I wrote a post like 5 days ago saying how I would never buy another buildable tank because I'm terrible at building (I'd purchased a couple of RDTA's..... they are currently gathering dust in a drawer after I gave up trying).....yeah I'm flakey.....cos yesterday I got the wotofo recurve!

Omg it's amazing. Took me minutes to build and I'm loving it (feel entitled to lots of back patting , my first RDA and it's lovely!). I'm feeling very girl power right now

Questions though

1) currently have 0.25 ohm coil, what's the max wattage I shouldn't go beyond? I have it set on 40w which im loving but wasn't sure where the limit is for max wattage

2) how often do people tend to change their cotton?

3) how often do people generally change the coil?

4) where can I buy good pre-made coils?

And lastly....this RDA is also compatible with a squonker.....what's a good regulated squonker kit?

I saw that the ijoy got panned. I've looked at the new aspire squonker but that's semi-regulated (how safe is that?)

I currently use all regulated devices. I don't have any desire to go into mech mods. I'm not stupid but I don't trust myself to never make a mistake. I like the feeling that my mod has my back enough to not allow me to blow myself up

Thanks!

1/ If you are happy at 45W, I'd stick at that. You can try playing about, see if improves with more/less power but their isn't really a limit. You will know when you go too high!

2/ I change my cotton everytime I change flavour (sometimes x3 a day) but you don't need to. Keep an eye on it and when it looks like it needs a change, go for it. Again, you will know.

3/ I've got some coils in a few RDAs that have been there 8 months now. If you look after them (Dry burn and strum to get the rubbish off them every few days), they can last month's and months. Obviously depends on how good the coils are to begin with.

4/ Don't want to give his ego anymore food but I have to say the best coils I've ever used came from Mr @Smut Those are the coils I've had in 8 months now and they are still as good as day one. 0.3 Alien is my recommendation.

5/ Regulated squonkers aren't really my thing but generally anything with a DNA board (Lost Vape, VT Inbox etc) are superb. Heard a few good things about the new regulated Pulse but it's very personal and depends on what you need/want.

Well done on cracking the build on the Recurve and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom