What's new

How do you adjust ohms on a smok mag ??

I don't know if it's dangerous or not but the board relies on the resistance to make the correct calculations for what it's supplying to the atty. I don't know how 'intelligent' the board is but I can't imagine changing those numbers from what they actually are is a good thing. If you telling the mod one of those numbers isn't what it is, then the answer to those calculations are wrong. If it relies on that answer to provide a power that isn't over it's safe limits then I'm guessing it could be dangerous?

... like say you can't get the full 100w from a mod because of the voltage limit with the resistance you have, and you tell it the resistance is lower than it is, can you trick the mod in to supplying more voltage to get your 100w? ... or at least trick it into trying to supply it, would it know or not if you are giving it the wrong information to work safely?
...... and how would that be prolonging the battery life .....? :blondmoment:

The VooPoo (boo, hiss!) Chip set, regarded by some to be second to only the DNA and YiHi chip sets, have the ability to adjust your ohms in temp control, to put it back to its room temp resistance.

Can this feature be abused? Probably, yes.

Is it dangerous?

Well, firstly regulated mods have a minimum resistance which defines their maximum amp draw. You cannot exceed that amp draw, theoretically.

So what you happen if you tell mod the resistance is lower than it actually is, but still in the safe range for amp draw?

For any given wattage, the voltage drawn from your batteries *decreases* as you go lower in ohms, whilst the amp draw increases.

But seeing how, in a regulated mod, the coil doesn't "pull" from the batteries, the board "pushes" the current into the coil, I don't see how you could exceed the safety limits of the mod.

If you are exceeding the safety limit of your battery by dropping the ohms, isn't this just the same danger as not using the right batteries for your coil anyway?

I'm nervous to post this here, as this guy is an idiot, please don't listen to anything in the video other than how to do it, his reasons for doing it are completely wrong.

Why do you want to adjust the ohms? The only reason I can think of would be because you are experienced using temp control and the reading of the cool resistance is off, probably because the coil is warm

My asmodus minikin 2 also lets me adjust the ohms.
I think the minikin introduced this as it didn't do tc very well.. Still doesn't imho.

Got it yesterday.
If the mag is locked, hold on if the two buttons on the front for a while and an ohms display will pop up, then use the buttons to adjust it up and down, then leave it and it will go away. Unlock it and the ohms should be at whatever you set them at

If you have a mod that is so shit that you need to guess what the resistance of your coil is and tell it, I think you’d be best to buy a new mod.

You don't. It's a regulated mod and depending which ohm stock coil you use depends on the ohms it will show on screen. Knowing smok it usually will show a fraction higher or lower than the coil states but that's nothing to worry about.
Unless of course this mod has something different to the majority of smoks out there.

Just a thought. You are using stock coils aren't you or have you wrapped and built your own.
If you hold down the up button while the mod is locked you can change the ohms

but why would we want to do that. just to burn the coils out quicker.
Well in my case the ohms didn’t automatically adjust so I was using a different mod. Then I was just playing around with the mag and found out they can be adjusted. Not everyone will need to adjust them it’s just important in some cases to know how to do it

Back
Top Bottom