What's new

Top 5 MTL Tanks.

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54254

It would be nice to hear peoples opinions on which tanks are their favourites. I'll start with my list and why.

1. Siren 2 I use this as my ADV and find the 2nd tightest draw very enjoyable.
2. Coppervape Skyline I enjoy this with the single holed Airdisk.
3. Doggystyle Very nice for flavour and very adjustable for draw.
4. Berserker Mini Very enjoyable draw on the 2nd smallest hole for me.
5. SXK Prime Took me around 4 months to get this one right for wicking and although not as tight as I'd like, very full flavour now.

So I think my choices are influenced by my preference for a tight draw primarily.

Right now, if I had to choose, the ones I wouldn't be without are:

1. Berserker Mini - new kid on the block and loving it. Especially as it came in fancy colours.
2. SXK/ST Pocket has taken over from the Doggystyled (which took over from the Pico RTA) on a Pico for out and about as it's a similar vape but sooooo much easier to refill and is glass.
3. Fodi F2 narrowly pips the Corolla as I prefer the looks, but is very similar to use and I love both.
4. KF Mini V3 clone as it's nice and narrow for an e-pipe stem.
5. Ruzgar clone, because it's bomb-proof, works well on an e-pipe stem or for outdoors work and still delivers a KF-like decent vape. Nothing else does that.

All can do a reasonably tight draw, or they wouldn't be there! :D

Nautilus Mini
Nautilus Mini
Nautilus Mini
Nautilus Mini
Nautilus Mini

In case you haven't guessed,I only use a Nautilus Mini for MTL,not got any others....umpteen DTLs though.

1) Dvarw MTL, top notch flavor, very user friendly, 0 leaks and dry hits, 0 customization ( i love that part :D )
2) Phenomenon lite, amazing flavor, maybe better than the Dvarw, maybe the best i have ever taste from a MTL rta but really expensive and requires more effort to build than the others. Also problematic o-rings
3)Doggy 2k16, good flavor, cant go wrong with this one, never leaks, nice airflow :)

1) Dvarw MTL, top notch flavor, very user friendly, 0 leaks and dry hits, 0 customization ( i love that part :D )
2) Phenomenon lite, amazing flavor, maybe better than the Dvarw, maybe the best i have ever taste from a MTL rta but really expensive and requires more effort to build than the others. Also problematic o-rings
3)Doggy 2k16, good flavor, cant go wrong with this one, never leaks, nice airflow :)
Two to go! :P

Thank you - I'd not heard of the Phenomenon Lite so went off to investigate. Looks interesting ....... though I'm not sure about the plastic tank. Any issues?

1. Hussar (Coppervape clone). Decent juice flow control, top fill, plenty of bits to customise.
2. Cloud One V2 (original). Decent juice flow control, top fill, good rich mellow flavour.
3. Ubertoot UTA2 (Coppervape clone). First RTA to knock Nautilus off it's pedestal for me. Still a nice flavoursome tank once you get your head around how to wick it.
4. Evl Reaper v1 (original). Expensive, perhaps overly so, but good build quality and the only one of the five with a glass tank option as well as stainless steel and polycarbonate.
5. Hurricane v1.3 (SJMY clone). A blatant rip off of the Taifun even down to the name! Good flavour, but only gets used occasionally.
Apart from the Hussar which is a bit more recent, the other four all go back to 2014/2015. Until there is some new radical design in mtl tanks, I cannot see the point of buying stuff which isn't giving me anything I don't already have, so I have stopped chasing the unicorn and throwing money at a problem that ain't there.

1. Dvarw So simple and hassle free. Great flavour
2. SXK KF Prime Great flavour and now looks better with ultem kit.
3. Doggystyle. Solid and reliable. Good flavour
4. SXK Billet Box with Vapeshell. Great flavour and options. Could be higher if I could get condensation plug.
5. Several contenders which I haven't got the best out of yet inc. Pocket, DDP, Calix V4

Two to go! :P

Thank you - I'd not heard of the Phenomenon Lite so went off to investigate. Looks interesting ....... though I'm not sure about the plastic tank. Any issues?

There are also other options but again,a bit overpriced ultem tanks etc. It works extremely well with wire like 28 ga or maybe thinner. Have a look at the manufacturer's webpage : gus-mod :)

I mentioned above that my Billet Box might get a higher rating if I get a condensation plug. Well whaddya know a fine ape contacts me and offers to send me one. Gobsmacked. Thanks @jj87 . Good karma coming your way soon I hope

@John R how high is your coil in the prime? I’ve noticed after having a couple of different builds in it that lowering the coil increases the resistance quite a bit more than other tank, I’m think my it might be because of he shape of the air hole. Try it as low as you can feasibly go.

Back
Top Bottom