What's new

Kayfun lite leaking?

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
Ok this isn't a major problem but its niggling me. My kfl is leaking a little from the fill hole. It's not a major leak but enough to require me to take off and wipe down every few hours. I've tried another screw from the spares pack but its still leaking the same amount. Anyone got any ideas?

I've got a 3.1 and it normally happens if it's overfilled by mistake - I believe they are the same in that they should ideally have a 2-3 ml clearance when filling to establish air pressure which prevents leaking.

I've got a 3.1 and it normally happens if it's overfilled by mistake - I believe they are the same in that they should ideally have a 2-3 ml clearance when filling to establish air pressure which prevents leaking.
I only half filled it the other day and I didn't notice any difference but I'll give it another go. I'm trying the all metal look as I've got key lime pie in and I didn't want to crack my tank so I might have over done it. Not feeling the full metal jacket look, I like to see what's going on and it just looks awesome with juice in it :D

I don't use acidic juices and so use the full clear tank as I like to see what's going on. Since using the clear tank I've never over filled it and never had so much as a drop but I did get a tiny droplet just as you've described when I used the metal tank so I suspect my leak and yours maybe down to the same thing - unknown overfilling. Plus, as I mainly use GVC I tend to use the colour of the juice rather than the taste to decide when to re-coil as I've noticed that unlike any other juice, GVC goes darker (from the black residue on the coil) when it needs a re coil.

I had same issue. Took it apart and then trimmed wick. Raised coil a bit away from air hole and repacked wick right down next to juice channels. Not leaked since.

Another good point noisysprings - the coil is supposed to be about 2mm from the air hole and the wick should not block the juice channels or again a slight droplet will leak.

Will it leak from the filler screw if the air hole isn't quite clear? I have been suffering from twatty wick syndrome ( copyrighted technical term!) the last few days so that might just be the problem :)

Yes - had it myself in the early days when my wicks were a little too long. I thought that the longer the wicks the better it would wick - I was wrong. If you go onto the cloud 9 website and take a look for the manual you'll see full details and it will give you a better description than I can. I'd send you the link but it's a download file rather than a link (if you know what I mean).

I've been using a figure of 8 wick but I think one side might be slightly too long. Next rewick I'll try and go shorter and I'll let you know if it helps :D

Just had another thought :blondmoment:
when I accidentally took out the centre post I might not have lined the hole in the centre up with the airhole in the base. Could that be causing it?

Back
Top Bottom