What's new

Juice flow control

scumbag

Postman
I own 4 tanks with this feature, Kafun v4, Prime, Kylin and Skyline clone. I won’t turn this into which is the better RTA or anything but just want to share some thoughts on juice flow in general.

I think its a bit like driving in manual, compared to an automatic because you have full control on how you want your wicking to perform. If we use a scale of 1-5 with 1 being fully closed for things like flying, travelling or just in your pocket you can be sure there wont be any leaks, and 5 being possible flooding of the deck but also great for chain vaping or high vg.

So if you compare that to a tank which relies on how much wick is needed to not leak and not have dry hits you can see why some think its a nice feature to have. Of course, some can be fiddly or hard to turn but some tanks have nailed it with such a positive connection that it becomes second nature to close when filling and adjust to your juice viscosity or vape style.

Whats your take on juice flow, is it something you look for in a tank or is it just an unnecessary inconvenience?

Tbh, i prefer a tank that is bottom fill and doesn't have a juice flow control like Doggy, Dvarw etc. than an RTA with top fill + juice flow control. But maybe its just me that i want to keep it simple :)
And from my experience, i have seen a lot more leaks from tanks with juice flow control :D

They can be fantastic obviously. Svoe mesto, by Leo ect have all put a lot of time into perfecting this design and when it's done well it's fantastic but there are other options that work just as well. I'm currently testing the siren 2 which has the interesting design of placing the coil half way up the tank somewhat like an rdta within a tank. So far it's been absolutely leak proof, wicks like a champ and as the chamber is close to the drip tip it offers excellent flavour. Also it will wick absolutely any viscosity of juice. It also has the added bonus of not having that moment when you realize you've filled your tank and forgotten to shut your juice control while it dribbles down your fingers, lol.
Alternatively the moment you realize you forgot to open the juice control as you cough up a lung.

Yeah, some tanks need it and some tanks don't, I prefer ones that don't because it's one less thing to think about, but on the other hand with some tanks it's pretty much essential and an integral part of the design.

Funnily enough, if you put it that way I'd expect to prefer juice control as I far prefer a car with gears. I hate automatics, I get bored with nothing to do.

I realised the other day that the Kayfun V3 Mini and V5 Plus clones I have are the only tanks in my armoury with juice control ....... and though I do really like the tanks and use them it's almost in spite of the juice flow control. Once I'd found the sweet spot I stuck to it and never altered the chosen position ........ so in effect it might as well have been fixed as I've had no further interest in it once I'd got the tank to work well. As far as I can work out, with the rest of my tanks that don't have the feature I've adjusted the wicking a bit to get the same effect.

I don’t mind them either way but as stated once you have it set to how you like it you can forget about it

I've only just started using the Kylin and being a noob that's using his first tank that has juice flow holes I'm finding it a blessing and a curse in the same breath

It hasn't quite become second nature yet to adjust it :doh:

But I can appreciate the need for it in certain decks.

I like it, not required but there is something quite satisfying about having a bit more control and seeing all those bubbles when opening things up.

Funnily enough, if you put it that way I'd expect to prefer juice control as I far prefer a car with gears. I hate automatics, I get bored with nothing to do.

I realised the other day that the Kayfun V3 Mini and V5 Plus clones I have are the only tanks in my armoury with juice control ....... and though I do really like the tanks and use them it's almost in spite of the juice flow control. Once I'd found the sweet spot I stuck to it and never altered the chosen position ........ so in effect it might as well have been fixed as I've had no further interest in it once I'd got the tank to work well. As far as I can work out, with the rest of my tanks that don't have the feature I've adjusted the wicking a bit to get the same effect.

What about steering?

Back
Top Bottom