What's new

Vape Expo - NEC, Birmingham. 5th & 6th May 2018

GingerNinja

Initiate
Was just wondering if anyone is going to the Vape Expo at the NEC this weekend?

Or has anyone been before who has any recommendations as to what are the must do's and dont's whilst there?

I'll be there, I never miss one.

Allow plenty of time - the second event last year was so big I struggled to see everything in depth in 6 hours.

Take no more than 2 mods and no spare juice or batteries or tools. The weight becomes a burden if you have too much stuff, and if the worst comes to the worst everything you could ever need is on sale. Take a backpack and not a shoulder bag for better weight distribution.

If you're not prepared to pay £10 for a burger or £2 for a can of Pepsi then pick up a Tesco meal deal or something on the way, though there are plenty of food outlets outside of the hall in the NEC.

Be prepared for an aural assault - the music is incessant and loud.

If you put your mod down to try some juice, make sure you pick it up again.

Lastly, don't go if you're a feminist sympathiser - you'll find the dozens of half naked women offensive - I don't know why they're there, but we have to live with it.:D

"How do you like my Asmodus?" takes on a whole new, sinister meaning. Be careful out there.

i wont be going as its to far for me to go and cant afford to stay in a hotel also had to miss the London one which is much closer to me as had just came back from holiday so maybe next year for me but those of you that are going hope you all have a good time and keep safe.....

i wont be going as its to far for me to go and cant afford to stay in a hotel also had to miss the London one which is much closer to me as had just came back from holiday so maybe next year for me but those of you that are going hope you all have a good time and keep safe.....

It depends on where you are in London, but I get to Expo quicker than Excel.

Virgin from Euston takes an hour and I've paid £16 return.

It depends on where you are in London, but I get to Expo quicker than Excel.

Virgin from Euston takes an hour and I've paid £16 return.
thats not bad £16 for return but i do live along way from Euston as i live in Essex...

I'll be there for the Saturday, along with the missus. No doubt she'll be bored after an hour so it's a good job I got freebie tickets this year.

Tips?

Don't take expensive stuff. These events have attracted a few rogues in the past and there were reports of mods being taken from bags and from exhibitors. Just keep an eye out on your own stuff and you'll be golden.

Take water. Not sure if it's just me, but I went through a bucketload of juice on the day and ended up having a right headache.

Have fun. If it's your first, you'll be blown away by the size.

Oh and wear comfy shoes. That's a must as it's a massive expo and growing each time.

Back
Top Bottom