What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Is this normal (Arching marks)

LOL, you won't be disappointed with the Broadside, I went for a clone like @EmbraSewerRat highlighted. Took a bit of practice adjusting the top and bottom to iron out misfire and non-firing issues, but I put it down to educating myself on tubes.

The thought of putting coke on a battery makes me uneasy btw

Was originally going for the broadside (clone) but saw all the rave reviews about the dreamer.......

Guessing I have a bit to learn about them still, love the power delivery so going to stick with em until I find my perfect match.

I don`t want to use anything more abrasive than i already have as i feel scoring the head will just encourage more arching. if it makes you feel any better - I'm going to use an ear bud and just get the tiniest amount on there :)

LOL, I used to use a pencil eraser, never had any arcing with the Broadside or Admiral though.

I was planning on getting a dreamer & heard about this problem on a review. Kinda put me off getting one now. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Replacement contact or something?

Seems quite hit or miss, plenty people seem quite happy and don't report any issues. QC maybe? Who knows.

I was planning on getting a dreamer & heard about this problem on a review. Kinda put me off getting one now. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Replacement contact or something?
Heya skip

I really like it but it's my first and only tube mech.

I've used it all day today and I'm kinda just ignoring the arching. Apparently all mech suffer from it but my case seems to have been quite bad.

Now when I say ignoring I am checking the heat of the batt and making sure it doesn't go above hand warm.

I build low 0.11 so I'm pushing things and maybe stainless steal doesn't have the conductivity and thus arching occurs at these stress levels.

I have a copper broadside admiral arriving in the next week and I will be updating on here what I've noticed after trying something different.

Can't give more than that right now as it's my only tube mech and don't have the experience to draw from or even a comparison.

Even with the arching I prefer it to my pulse mech and Luxotic squonk.

Apparently the other versions (non ss) don't have issues.

Do with that info what you will but hope it helps, at least, a little

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom