What's new

I'm getting fed up mixing.

Ettrick

Postman
I've been making eliquid using recipes on http://e-liquid-recipes.com.
So far I've made 35 different ones.
I would make 4 out of the 35 again, the rest were below average tasting to complete garbage.
The last dozen I made just scunnered me. My comments on my spread sheet are now reduced to :-(
I make them 50 pg/ 50 vg regardless of the recipe as I MTL. Could this be the problem?
Anyone got any tips for making better eliquid?

I find recipes subjective and you generally need the same brand of the flavour for it to come close. A Capella Peach will taste different from a TFA Peach concentrate for example. Also, if you increase the PG ratio of the final mix, certain flavours may come out stronger as PG helps carry flavour, so you may have to adjust the ratios to suit.

If you want to use recipes, then I'd suggest start low on the concentrate then adjust to taste and make note of it when you find the sweet point. For example, if a recipe calls for 8% of A and 6% of B, I'd start with around half or two thirds of the suggested. So 4% of A and 3% of B, and then I'd vape a little and adjust. Then next time, I'd know I wanted more A and a touch of B so mix at 6% of A and 4% of B this time and see.

It's easier to add more concentrate than dilute the final ratio. Too much concentrate tastes like garbage (mixed a 2% TFA concentrate at 15%. Tasted like the smell of burning tyres). Alternatively, I just buy the premixed concentrates or do single flavours. Stick in 10 - 15%, and off you go. No need to keep 100 flavours and other stuff on hand.

Cheers akira. I'm thinking of just buying premixed concentrates now from the likes of vampire vapes and manabush because the difference between them and recipes online is vast.
The problem is I've got about 100 flavours to use now.
I'm not at the stage just now to make my own recipes or even fiddle about with them.
There is an american eliquid company that went bust and put their recipes on http://e-liquid-recipes.com
I've made one of them and liked it so I've ordered flavours to make other ones.
If I don't like them I'm giving up on recipes and buying one shots.

Cheers akira. I'm thinking of just buying premixed concentrates now from the likes of vampire vapes and manabush because the difference between them and recipes online is vast.
I'm not at the stage just now to make my own recipes or even fiddle about with them.
There is an american eliquid company that went bust and put their recipes on http://e-liquid-recipes.com
What American company is it, do you know? Your link appears to go to a general, mixed author page. Thanks.

A lot of the recipes on ELR are garbage tbh. There are some great ones but you do have to dig for them. I find I have to adjust most to my own tastes, much like Akira above suggests. It may be that you'll just prefer one shots but don't rule out mixing up your own recipes or adapting others cause that's still fun and when you crack one it's great.

I'd also be curious to know who the company you're referring to is.

You may be better off with some professional guidance.

DIY or Die is probably the leading site on the web for mixers - they charge $3 a month, but this is worth paying for some tried and trusted content.

I’ve never mixed anybody else’s recipe. I think it’s a much better idea to mix to one’s own taste.

I started with recipes then adjusting to my own tastes and occasionally trying a few of my own. But I don't really have the time or patience for it anymore so I just buy bottle shots or similar.

Still have tons of concentrates from chefs that I won't use or haven't even opened. Good few years now so probably expired, although I don't think there would be much of an issue using expired concentrates. Might do a giveaway and anyone that wants a bunch of expired concentrates can have them

I'm not sure about DIYorDie.
Here is my comment on my spreadsheet for one of their supposed best recipes (Cannoli Contest), "Another waste of time :("

Back
Top Bottom