D697010D-6FF1-48D5-80F7-4FB63EA7B02D.jpeg
FF18D51C-6FFD-480F-9C3D-2C6D73E57C85.jpeg
6101B1B6-C7ED-44F4-B0F2-E08D640010B4.jpeg
BDB2018F-B54E-4977-A508-17E6EACC1DC5.jpeg
D2DF5D3B-EA8F-4534-AD68-91594B586F86.jpeg
88FCF924-0BBD-4D6D-B870-18106497E4B2.jpeg
B917DBAA-4919-4338-9124-6AD18DC37AAC.jpeg
3A68F9C8-0238-4D7C-B61E-6E19C126237F.jpeg
First of all, a massive thank you to @aspire for sending me this to review (Cheers Tina :) )

Now this was sent to me for review, free of charge, how ever, this will not influence the review in any way :)

Now this review might go on a bit as there is a lot to cover from what is in fact a very simple device and tank. Now I’ve been using this non stop for the past 5 days....just to make sure that my review is accurate and as honest as can be.

So what is it, and what are the specs?

It’s a single 18650 mech squonk mod, although it’s not strictly a mech as it operates on a fixed wattage of between 70-80 watts, there is no way of changing the wattage. As with a mech, you are governed by the coil ohms to achieve the full 80 watts. With the two coils provided (we’ll get to those in a bit) will obviously affect what wattage you are going to achieve. Using the 0.10ohm coil, you will have the full 80 watts, using the 0.14ohm coil, the wattage is around 70 watts...you will then get “the fade” as the batteries begin to deplete.

The battery life (using a fully charged Samsung 25r) is surprisingly good. Using this all day, I only ever had to change the battery once. Another bonus with this is that there is no massive voltage drop like with the pulse, which to me was virtually unusable after about half an hour. The “fade” from battery is barely noticeable. There is a feature on the fire button that tells you when your voltage is dropping. When you first install your freshly charged battery and switch the device on (3 clicks) the button will have a blue light to show that you are getting the full wattage available...after a few hours of usage, you will get an amber light as well as the blue to show you that your battery is starting to degrade. This isn’t an indication that you need to change, it’s just a handy feature to have. As an experienced vaper, you’ll know when to change batteries ;) you’ll just know :)

The mod has a nice weight to it without the batteries, and is made of zinc alloy. There are two panels that have hex screws that im guessing can be swapped out for different colours. The panels also give excellent grip. It has a pistol type grip with the fire button operated using your thumb, and it’s very very ergonomic and easy to handle. There’s obviously a fair bit of thought gone into the design as it sits lovely in your hand...wether your left or right handed. The fire button has a nice click and isn’t to light that it’s going to go off in your pocket.

As you can see from the pics, both the battery and squonk bottle are accessible from the base of the mod. A simple and easy way to swap batteries quickly and without any fuss. The only gripe that I have had with this is that the battery cover threads needed a little lubrication as it was a bit janky...a little wd40 sorted that out.

The actual squonk bottle is in a plastic cassette, and it sits in there fairly snug. The bottle itself is decent...it’s soft enough to squonk with no issues, but not to soft that it feels cheap and nasty. It’s acurally a nice bottle. The actual squonk tube that feeds the tank is a needle, so no messy tube flicking juice everywhere :D

To fill the bottle, all you need do is twist the bottom button and the bottle will come out, unscrew the top cap, and fill it up. The bottle has a capacity of 7ml so you won’t need to do this to often. It’s faff free and simple.

Now, we’ll move onto the tank. Now my first thoughts was that I was gonna stick my pandora on top as the supplied reevo tank has stock coils. But as this comes as a kit, I gave them a try...and what a nice surprise:)

At the start, when you first install the tank, you will need to “squonk” some juice into the tank, which has a capacity of 2.5ml, then tip the mod upside down to saturate to coil :)

Yeah I know, “ tip the mod upside down” is gonna mean that this leaks everywhere right? Wrong....this doesn’t leak...I swear to the almighty Betsy that this tank DOES NOT LEAK....

Once your coil is nicely juiced up you can then have a vape....and this is the first time I’ve come across these ARC coils in the reevo tank (ARC stands for Aspre radial coil) and this seems to be a leap forward in what a stock coil can deliver in flavour. The flavour is absolutely on point, and on par with anything that I can build. You would not know that your using a stock coil, it’s that good. The design is such that there is a massive surface area of the coil with the cotton underneath. However they have done this, you need to give these coils a go...they really are good. You get a massive amount of flavour and a decent amount of cloud (if that’s your thing)

Now airflow is usually key to me for achieving the flavour and cloud that I like...so it’s wide open to cool the vape...not so with this...I’ve been rocking this with the airflow half closed. Even vaping direct to lung, which is my preferred way of vaping the airflow is bang on perfect. I used 3mg 80vg juice and there was no issues with wicking at all...for those of you that like to vape higher nic and lower vg, by closing the airflow almost right down makes this a nice MTL squonk as well....it’s a fairly loose MTL but it’s achievable with some success.

Overall, this mod and tank has rekindled my interest in squonking as an alternative to high wattage low ohm vaping.

Like I said, this was sent direct from @aspire for review, and I think this is released tomorrow....

So I guess this makes it a POTV exclusive!!!!

So do you squonk until you fill the tank below and then vape until that's empty before refilling?
And does the tank need to be tipped regularly to keep the coil saturated?

So do you squonk until you fill the tank below and then vape until that's empty before refilling?
And does the tank need to be tipped regularly to keep the coil saturated?
Yeah sorry should have mentioned that... yes you have to tip it every 6 or 7 toots....

And I keep the tank filled as and when :)

Yeah sorry should have mentioned that... yes you have to tip it every 6 or 7 toots....

And I keep the tank filled as and when :)

Did you try your Pandora on it too?

Great review, had my eye on one of these since it was originally posted in the forum, not sure on that tank though.

Did you try your Pandora on it too?

Great review, had my eye on one of these since it was originally posted in the forum, not sure on that tank though.
Yeah, tried the pandora and the goon, although the tank and coil is outstanding

I do like the look of that alot. I've never ventured into mechs apart from the squeeze as I like to adjust the wattage to suit my mood but this has me reconsidering.
Good review.

dint we see coils like this a few yrs ago ? stove top coils ?
the sqounk is a pistol grip design ..and the needle is from the ds tech mods ..
aspire copy and bake :)

dint we see coils like this a few yrs ago ? stove top coils ?
the sqounk is a pistol grip design ..and the needle is from the ds tech mods ..
aspire copy and bake :)

that driptech squonk mod wasn't the first to use the needle/metal tube design at all

also recenty there's been quite a few tanks using those mesh type coils

Back
Top Bottom