What's new

Baby beast burning at recommended wattage?

Bobd

Postman
Hi there I'm using a t8 coil that's recommended to be used between 50 and 110 Watts but if I go up any higher than 40 it starts burning. Does anybody else have problems with the baby beast?

Hi there. Did you saturate the coil first before installing in your tank? Also, did you let it all sit for a while with the tank full of e-liquid before you started using it?

I've always pin holed my smok baby coils for this very reason.. . Burned a coil and cotton once in one dry hit. So so bad :omg: I find pinning one hole on opposite sides of the coil (2 holes} works on Q2 but a hole in each slot of Q8. Might need to open the air flow too. Just my experience

I have never been able to hit the recommended wattages on stock coils without it feeling like it was burning.

smok rate their coils reccomended wattage way to high. there coils also dont last more than a week.
what tank do you have?
how many ohms is the coil?

I switched over to NRG tanks coils, which were made to be cross compatible with the Baby. In my experience I also seem to get better flavor and longevity out the NRG coils too.

I had this issue and was recommended Morpheus coils. I now rate these over smok and nrg for performance, flavour and longevity

Back
Top Bottom