What's new

Dry burn the coils or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s better, only because it seems to work better. And is also much less hassle and easier to make.
Fair enough mate I've never really bothered with spaced builds but I've got a few rdas that need building when the kids are in bed think I'll give it a go [emoji6]

Fair enough mate I've never really bothered with spaced builds but I've got a few rdas that need building when the kids are in bed think I'll give it a go [emoji6]

I’ve not made a tight coil for more than a year probably, I’ve always found spaced ones better and easier. Maybe I’ll try building a tight one at some point.

I found spaced seemed to work better but it might have been that I was making newbie mistakes. The main thing for me is they are much easier and less hassle. It could also be to do with the kind of tanks I use (single coil mtl ers with thin wire).

I do occasionally space mine, but generally if I need a slightly wider coil to match an airflow (cos I made it too narrow). I don't get too complicated with coils to be honest.

I found spaced seemed to work better but it might have been that I was making newbie mistakes. The main thing for me is they are much easier and less hassle. It could also be to do with the kind of tanks I use (single coil mtl ers with thin wire).
So the main thing is that they burn evenly, whether they're spaced or not?

So the main thing is that they burn evenly, whether they're spaced or not?

Yeah - a coil should glow from the centre outwards. If it’s a dual coil then they should both glow evenly, and at about the same time (which they should if you’ve used the same length of wire for each).

Yeah - a coil should glow from the centre outwards. If it’s a dual coil then they should both glow evenly, and at about the same time (which they should if you’ve used the same length of wire for each).
Cheers :) Just ordered the coilmaster v3 kit so looking forward to experimenting. You guys have been amazing helping me to get a grip on how to start. So cheers! :beerchug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom