Vape Club
What's new

Wicking Calix V4

ed87

Mod Maker
Hi apes,

Just wondering how people wick their Calix V4’s? I just got one courtesy of @killgore and loving it, but I’ve heard some people mentioning ‘direct’ & ‘indirect’ wicking methods and not sure what’s meant by that as I can’t get my wick down over the juice ports because they’re blocked by the deck..

I know @Rob loves his calix’s so maybe you could offer some insight please?

I’ve been trying different things as you do and have ended up with a few dry hits and leaking (on separate occasions) but that’s normal as you’re learning a new atty.

I’ve got awesome flavour out of the thing but just wondered what others do with regards to wicking?

Cheers!

Smoore
With the V4. you mount your Coil "Legs Upwards" so that the coil is hanging down towards the Air Hole in the base, that's the first thing.
Now, Direct Feed; this is so that the Wick Tails are fed by the two Juice Ports in the Treaded Section that the Juice Control screws down on to. Indirect means that the Juice Ports are away from the Tails.

Dry Hits tell me two things, either your wicks aren't getting fed properly, so go for a Direct Feed Build, OR, you need to open the Juice Control a bit more? I found that 1.5 complete turns was the minimum I could get away with, but there are no hard and fast rules about this. On my V2 and V3 I use 2 complete turns.

Just re read your post @ed87 What you are set up for is Indirect. So twist the Deck Cup until you achieve what I described for Direct Feed

Vape Green
With the V4. you mount your Coil "Legs Upwards" so that the coil is hanging down towards the Air Hole in the base, that's the first thing.
Now, Direct Feed; this is so that the Wick Tails are fed by the two Juice Ports in the Treaded Section that the Juice Control screws down on to. Indirect means that the Juice Ports are away from the Tails.

Dry Hits tell me two things, either your wicks aren't getting fed properly, so go for a Direct Feed Build, OR, you need to open the Juice Control a bit more? I found that 1.5 complete turns was the minimum I could get away with, but there are no hard and fast rules about this. On my V2 and V3 I use 2 complete turns.

Cheers Rob,

Yes I’m running the coil legs up (oh err missus), and generally open the juice feed up 3 odd turns.

OK, so when we’re talking direct feed, do you move the cup to align the juice feed ports with the juice wells then? Otherwise I don’t see any way of getting the cotton to the juice ports as they’re offset from the wells by approx. 40 degrees at the moment.

Finally, do you tend to thin your wick tails?

Thanks again

Just re read your post @ed87 What you are set up for is Indirect. So twist the Deck Cup until you achieve what I described for Direct Feed

Just answered a question in my reply rob cheers! Got it.

How tight does the cup have to be? Presumably I should be whaling on it to tighten it up?

Innokin
The SS Cup that has the screws on it turns within the Base which allows you to line things up.
No, personally I don't thin the tails. Just leave them long enough to just touch the base, no more. :)

Yes it needs to be tight as it governs the amount that the 510 protrudes. Tight as you like Sah :) That's what the Brass Rod is for, tightening it up!

AcmeFog
The SS Cup that has the screws on it turns within the Base which allows you to line things up.
No, personally I don't thin the tails. Just leave them long enough to just touch the base, no more. :)

Cheers rob I’ll rebuild and report back

Cheers rob I’ll rebuild and report back

OK - so I’ve rebuilt (see pics), what do you think?

I’ve moved the juice ports in line with the wells now and so far so good, I’ll see how I get on!

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

Elux
Back
Top Bottom