What's new

How To DIY Tank Stand / Vape stand MkII

DIY sort of, but last night I ordered a nail polish display stand from Amazon (£17.99) for my juices, it arrived today and after stacking it up with my bottles I had an idea, how can I make this a tank stand also......

It's not quite DIY more a modification and re-purposing......

After drilling a few holes BINGO :)

Rather pleased with it and hold my main stuff nicely.

Basically the bottom tray needs raising to allow clearance for the 510 connectors, raise the tray up about 5mm then drill 2 new holes above the existing one on each side (4 holes) and that's all there is to it for the height.

Next I spaced and drilled 7 equally spaced holes into the base of the tray 7mm Diameter, cleaned it up and fitted it together - Job done!

You could skip step 1 and just drill any other tray but I think the tanks look better at the bottom.

Pics of modifications included.

Let me know if you need any more information.
Vape Stand 01.jpg
Vape Stand 02.jpg
Vape Stand 03.jpg
Vape Stand 04.jpg
Vape Stand 05.jpg

Nice one that's really rather impressive! Do you have an item number at all?

Edit: NVM Found it!

Thank you :)

I got the Mobengo 66 Bottles of 6 Tier Acrylic Nail Polish Display Rack Stand version, the others had dodgy reviews but I am well pleased with this one and it took a whole 14 hours to deliver!

One thing I forgot to mention, when drilling acrylic it's best to drill smaller pilot holes and drill lightly, too much pressure will cause it to crack.

This really appeals to my OCD :22:
I hear you there, I found the perfect place to put it and I keep adjusting the flavour types into categories, glad I modified this though, the tanks at the bottom and the mods at the top simply work, I strangely get pleasure out of just looking at this setup :drool:

That's a really nice job, I don't think it's strange to get pleasure from looking at it. :goodjob:

looks good might nick the wives off her and do the same no not really she would kill me but i must say it does make everything look neat and tidy will have to show her it you never no she might let me have it and i will get her a smaller one to put her make up on..

DIY sort of, but last night I ordered a nail polish display stand from Amazon (£17.99) for my juices, it arrived today and after stacking it up with my bottles I had an idea, how can I make this a tank stand also......

It's not quite DIY more a modification and re-purposing......

After drilling a few holes BINGO :)

Rather pleased with it and hold my main stuff nicely.

Basically the bottom tray needs raising to allow clearance for the 510 connectors, raise the tray up about 5mm then drill 2 new holes above the existing one on each side (4 holes) and that's all there is to it for the height.

Next I spaced and drilled 7 equally spaced holes into the base of the tray 7mm Diameter, cleaned it up and fitted it together - Job done!

You could skip step 1 and just drill any other tray but I think the tanks look better at the bottom.

Pics of modifications included.

Let me know if you need any more information.
View attachment 148852 View attachment 148853 View attachment 148854 View attachment 148855 View attachment 148856
It's the dogs bollox that, I want one.

Damn, thought I didn`t need to buy anything else. Ordered myself one, 2 mins, after seeing this!

Back
Top Bottom