What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaping scene in China?

Surely China should have a lot to offer in terms of vape stuff no ?
Smok, Kangertech and Wismec are from there
Cigarettes are so cheap out there there's no incentive to vape. It's just another manufacturing business that generates export revenue, same as most manufacturing in China.

A bit of an update. I managed to work out an agreement with one of China’s first vape shops, in Shanghai. China seems to make almost of of the vaping gear. Most vape and charger brands are from Shenzhen, in the South of China. While I didn't pass any vape shops in Beijing I saw MTL devices that use single use cartridges that look like short cigarette. This would give a very authentic mouth feel but not the fun of flavor and cloud chasing. In Beijing people were not vaping in malls or restaurants. In the taxi today I spotted a vape shop in the small tier 3 city I'm staying in (400 000 people). I will check it out this afternoon and post pictures in when I have a decent WiFi connection. This is good timing. My first vape should arrive just before the start of a 3 day holiday and I need cotton and coils. I have a big order coming but it won't arrive until after the holidays.

If it helps, I have bought other tech through Taobao before, though a few years ago, and it went through fine delivered to the UK. :)

I went to a BBQ tonight and saw a guy with a sub-ohm mod. I asked him and he said he bought it locally. It is a good sign for the Chinese vaping scene.

Back
Top Bottom