What's new

Clone mech

hmm I remember a time when all there was were mech's .to be honest I'm so glad I don't use them anymore . a good board does it all for me no more working out stuff no chance of getting it wrong ..making sure wraps are ok
not having to worry when putting it in your pocket .not having to carry batteries around. with a regulated mod you can get clouds of any ohm ..
now I can relax squonk and vape

The mech mod market is on it's arse at the moment. There are plenty of bargain authentic tubes available for sale. For me it would always be used authentic vs new clone.

I'm not adverse to 2nd hand.
I have joined a couple of FB sites that sell gear and am keeping my eyes open.
(I'm a long way off 100 posts so can't see what the market is like on here)

To save you some time and money, you might want to ask if anyone in your local vape shops has a mech you can try out, or even if there is a nearby Ape with one.

As is, aye a decent Broadside clone is a good start. The Velocity will look a bit daft on top - Broadside is 25mm across, the Velo is 22mm. but a good start: easy to build on and nice airflow.
As @tobywonkanobi said, when the tube arrives do give it a very thorough clean and inspection. Swab off all the threads, make sure the clutch bits are smooth and burr free. Check the inner delrin/plastic tube as well. Any concerns, post pix on here and ask!!

Your cells are not the best really for a tube, if you do keep on with #mechlife, get the ones toby said. And get some SS or Ni80 wire, 0.5mm is a good kick off. Don't be too bothered about fancy coils the now as they are not always the best of stuff on a mech.
Cheers hadn't thought to ask if any apes were local.
My local vape shop assistants all seem to use regulated. Am planning on going to some a bit further to check what they are like.

Cheers hadn't thought to ask if any apes were local.
My local vape shop assistants all seem to use regulated. Am planning on going to some a bit further to check what they are like.
Don't assume what they use in the shop is all they use. One of my friends works in a vape shop and is only allowed to use equipment which is sold in the shop, in the shop. All his mechs and squon gear have to stay in his bag or at home.

Don't assume what they use in the shop is all they use. One of my friends works in a vape shop and is only allowed to use equipment which is sold in the shop, in the shop. All his mechs and squon gear have to stay in his bag or at home.
Who does he work for? VapeNazi ?

OK went round 3 different vape shops today.
1st didn't sell mech tubes or use them
2nd had some but were badly made trash
3rd had two one I did like but was sure was a clone.

It was an AV Hulk, but was priced at £40 which seemed to cheap for an authentic.
Looking on Ft its available for £10.

I also saw an Smpl on FT

Any views on either of these two?

It was an AV Hulk, but was priced at £40 which seemed to cheap for an authentic.

I also saw an Smpl on FT

Well, AV mechs are usually £200-£300 so it was definitely a clone.

On FT, check out recent reviews for any mech you are looking at purchasing, because some that were well made a year ago might not be so well made recently.

Like I said earlier, I got a pretty decent SS AV Able clone from dcvaping on ebay, they also have a website. https://www.dcvaping.com/

I also saw an Smpl on FT

I love a good SMPL clone but have only had two good ones and three stinkers that I didn't think were safe to use.

They are hybrid mods. The atty positive pin makes direct contact with the battery so it can't be a floating pin or too close to the bottom of the negative outside post thread. They also don't have a locking mechanism or interior insulation. Also need a tool (a penny) to take apart in an emergency.

A good, clean one is great but not for the unwary.

They are hybrid mods. The atty positive pin makes direct contact with the battery so it can't be a floating pin or too close to the bottom of the negative outside post thread..
I checked my RDA already, thought it looked good

Attachments

• 2018-3-19 8-59-24.jpg
    2018-3-19 8-59-24.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 54
Just to muddy the waters a little more, have you looked at the Wismec RX Machina? At under £20 it's a decent entry into mechs I feel.

https://www.fasttech.com/search?rx machina

I bought one of these recently and it works very well. I only bought the mod as the RDA is a bit rubbish. It takes both 20700 and 18650 batteries with the included adapter. With a floating centre-pin it's also a bit safer than a hybrid which I didn't think would be a great idea for a relative novice to mechs.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom