What's new

AL85 stops hitting mid puff

RixRyu

I have a second hand Smok al85. I was told by my local vape shop that I need to set it for SS for stainless steel as because I use smok coils the SS only shows up in temperature mode however whenever I go to take a hit now it stops mid puff I get one and a half seconds of hit then it times out or something and then it'll pick up again but cut out within a second don't know if it's something I'm doing or if it's the mod if there's a problem with my mod or what that's or something I'm doing if there's something I can do what are your recommendations

Unless you actually want to use temp control, your shop has misinformed you. Yes SS can be used in this mode, but also works in watt mode. It's cutting out because you've probably got with the wattage too high, or more likely the actual temp too low, and it's cutting out as it reaches this temperature (as it should).

My advice is to switch to watt mode, set the watts to the lowest recommended setting for that coil, then adjust the wattage to your liking. Temp control does have a bit of a learning curve, something you can explore with a bit more experience if you so choose.

Unless you actually want to use temp control, your shop has misinformed you. Yes SS can be used in this mode, but also works in watt mode. It's cutting out because you've probably got with the wattage too high, or more likely the actual temp too low, and it's cutting out as it reaches this temperature (as it should).

My advice is to switch to watt mode, set the watts to the lowest recommended setting for that coil, then adjust the wattage to your liking. Temp control does have a bit of a learning curve, something you can explore with a bit more experience if you so choose.
Thanks. I'll sick with watt mode. But I'll have to upgrade soon either way. Too low of wattage. I want big clouds. I'm a cloud chaser. And A chain vaper. Any recommendations? I'm thinking about switching to an RDA.

Thanks. I'll sick with watt mode. But I'll have to upgrade soon either way. Too low of wattage. I want big clouds. I'm a cloud chaser. And A chain vaper. Any recommendations? I'm thinking about switching to an RDA.
I don't do tanks, but there are cloudy ones out there, so I'm sure someone will chime in. Higher wattage requires a mod with at least 2 batteries, 3 or 4 if you want longevity as well as high power, but they do get big. The GTRS Vboy is a good, affordable 2 cell mod, but it all depends on your budget. RDAs would probably be the way to go, at least 24mm, but bigger generally gives more cloudage. Again it depends on your budget, but I like bottom airflow rdas, like the Kennedy, but there are plenty of side airflow ones, that are generally a lot cheaper.

I found single battery mods don't have the knards to fire low ohm or multi wire builds properly. The battery spends the power ramping up the coil then nothing left for the vape, this just gets worse the older the battery becomes. The board shuts down if the power isn't there or the batt can't provide enough power. Tootle puffing 1.4Ω and higher builds then a single batt mod is good enough. Subohm, fancy multi wire and multi coil heads need at least 2 batt mods to perform decently but the lower the ohm the faster you drain batts. I got tired of replacing batts several times a day while I was in my subohm phase so I reverted back to the 1.4Ω 29/34 rayon clapton and still get a nice cloudz vape without stressing my batts anymore.

Back
Top Bottom