Vape Superstore
What's new

Pear drops

doobiesnax

Postman
hey all, I bought some amazing pear drop concentrate, at 10% it was stunning straight away. It gave that amazing throat hit of that peardrop chemical taste I just loved loved as a kid (would deliberately crunch them to get the full flavour) .....but now it’s lost pretty much all its hit and flavour. I had 30 ml steeping for a week, that now has no pear hit at all. I’ve also tried twice to mix two separate batches of 10ml up, one at 10% and another at 15% and both have lost that hit....so I’m guessing the concentrate itself has lost its main flavour since it’s been open....is that common?
Anyone know what that chemical hit actually is?

Thanks

Smoore
@doobiesnax

Malic acid.
You can get it from brew shops and dulite it in pg.

May also contain lesser amounts of citric acid also available from brew shops and disolves in pg.

Use sparingly say 25g in 100ml pg and 1-2% to taste or a couple of drops in ready made juice.

Easy option is http://www.lorannoils.com/tart-and-sour-1-oz-6035-0550 but it does contain a third ingredient called tartaric acid which is used to give tartar sauce its zing.

hey all, I bought some amazing pear drop concentrate, at 10% it was stunning straight away. It gave that amazing throat hit of that peardrop chemical taste I just loved loved as a kid (would deliberately crunch them to get the full flavour) .....but now it’s lost pretty much all its hit and flavour. I had 30 ml steeping for a week, that now has no pear hit at all. I’ve also tried twice to mix two separate batches of 10ml up, one at 10% and another at 15% and both have lost that hit....so I’m guessing the concentrate itself has lost its main flavour since it’s been open....is that common?
Anyone know what that chemical hit actually is?

Thanks

Just wondering if you've vaped a lot of it you maybe have a bit of vapers fatigue/tongue

Vape Green
Maybe try a new coil?
Test in a different set up maybe?
Try a different temp..
Don’t know just thinking out loud

if youve been vaping the same flavor continuously then as said its most prb vapours tongue where you will lose all taste. could also be the coil on the way out as some can lose their taste before they burn.

what mod/tank/coil/wattage you using and what VG/PG mix is the juice.

Innokin
Thanks for all your replies, I guess I should have stated all the facts in my original post (lesson learned
Brand new coil, vg 70/pg 30. Not vapers tongue (tried going back to it various times over the past few weeks) New cotton. I have a vandyvape kensei Rta. Mod is a witcher 75w. 0.24ohms. I vape at around 35-40w. I’ve tried most temps up to 70w, and played around with the air vents....I really think that once the concentrate was opened, it seemed to loose all that chemical pear drops hit, rather than anything to do with my gear (though I’m a novice, so happy to be told different)

@doobiesnax

Malic acid.
You can get it from brew shops and dulite it in pg.

May also contain lesser amounts of citric acid also available from brew shops and disolves in pg.

Use sparingly say 25g in 100ml pg and 1-2% to taste or a couple of drops in ready made juice.

Easy option is http://www.lorannoils.com/tart-and-sour-1-oz-6035-0550 but it does contain a third ingredient called tartaric acid which is used to give tartar sauce its zing.

Thank you for your reply. You recon it’s a ‘tart’ flavour? I like the idea of ‘tarting up’ some of my fruity juices, so I’ve just ordered some, it will be interesting to see what it does to the pear drops taste. I always likened the pear drops taste to old fashioned cellulose paint thinners, or nail polish, rather than a ‘sharpe’ taste (lol, can’t think of a better way to describe it)

AcmeFog
Thank you for your reply. You recon it’s a ‘tart’ flavour? I like the idea of ‘tarting up’ some of my fruity juices, so I’ve just ordered some, it will be interesting to see what it does to the pear drops taste. I always likened the pear drops taste to old fashioned cellulose paint thinners, or nail polish, rather than a ‘sharpe’ taste (lol, can’t think of a better way to describe it)
Imagine the taste of grapefruit (citric acid) or cooking apples (malic acid).

Elux
Back
Top Bottom