What's new

Squid Double Barrel Disassembly

wraith

Achiever
Just FYI.

Mine (v2.1) was playing up. Wouldn't switch on. Wouldn't switch off. Corrupted screen.

Two long hex screws and a tiny phillips on top and the workings pull out really easily.

Really nice internal design.

Quick clean with electrical contact cleaner and everything is peachy again.

nice one, was wondering how they came apart I think the tac is the same, didnt want to mess with it lol

Just FYI.

Mine (v2.1) was playing up. Wouldn't switch on. Wouldn't switch off. Corrupted screen.

Two long hex screws and a tiny phillips on top and the workings pull out really easily.

Really nice internal design.

Quick clean with electrical contact cleaner and everything is peachy again.
this helped a lot. had the same problem and i didnt see that teeny weeny phillips screw. all good now. thanks!

Unfortunately this only worked a few times before it finally ingested a fatal dose of juice.

I wonder if the newer ones have a coated circuit board. I thought that was fairly standard these days.

I wonder if the newer ones have a coated circuit board. I thought that was fairly standard these days.
I’m going to bet the answer is ‘no’ because it’s clear they’ve gone for a change of manufacturer - and one that has run off some exceptionally ropey products.

As said elsewhere, the internals of the TAC21 and the new Detonator are dire. The TAC is a 21700 device that can’t accomodate 21700 batteries and the Detonator will shred the sleeves of batteries. And it seems the DB has gone from being a mod to a table ornament because cells won’t go in at all.

One man and a gmail account are filing bankruptcy in 3....2....

It does sound bad but should probably note he replaced all the TAC21s with problems and fixed the issue in production. Fact is all his first production models have had issues. If you're going to manufacture at a distance then you have to quality check each individual item yourself - we've seen it again recently with Ohm Boy's Rage Squonker. You can't get away with just sending them straight out to retail and you can't do it in a rush. Pressure in China to make vast amounts as cheaply as possible doesn't help.

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 14.09.59.png

Back
Top Bottom