What's new

Constant Leaking from RTa tank

Thanks. I've already seen these and I got the tank based on these reviews plus others. Unfortunately, the videos don't really say how they wick.

The second video just says make sure you trim wicks; doesn't say how it the best way (eg. If cotton should be touching the floor of the juice chamber).

It just seems like I'm either adding loads more cotton or not enough. I wish these videos measured and say what length and width their cotton is. It would really help!

roundabout the 8 minutes 20 mark in the second video explains about keeping the wixks trimmed and also making sure there is a little airflow in the bottom aswell, he does mention that through the airflow you can see the wicks, he doesnt mention if they are touching the floor or not though

Im not sure mate this tank looks like a science in itself and quite challenging to work with, im sure youll eventually fix it though and you'll be delighted when you do
thats what i told myself on my first couple of RDA builds when i was struggling

Hey, update - the leaking has finally stopped, but the flavour is very muted. So now I guess I gave to trim my wick just a tiny amount now!

I'm almost there and it's so satisfying to have made it stop leaking.

Thanks for everybody's help!

Here are my wicks in the cotton. See anything that's wrong?

I've not used your specific RTA, but I'm also new to RTA's and experiencing similar issues. I find that less is more when wicking, and it looks like you have a lot of cotton hanging over into the wells.

One chap in a local shop recommended thinning out the cotton that dips into the well, as this helps the juice get sucked up quickly towards the coil.

I will try and remember to post a picture of mine, next time I wick it.

I use a geekvape ammit that I recently got and it’s been a bit of a learning curve to get the wicking right. I always end up with too much, partly because of the amounts I see people using in tutorials. God knows how they’re even able to Vape, when I use half the amount and it works fine - any more and it’s just dry muted hits all over!
I’m a bit paranoid about leaks, but I’ve found that it you can use a surprisingly small amount of cotton without it leaking (except you get dry hits due to no juice lol).

The leaking issues I had with the ammit were solely down to being an idiot and filling it with the juice flow right open - as soon as you do that the juice just drops straight out the bottom! I tend to close the juice off overnight and stuff n all now to avoid leaks, but you just have to remember to open it up when you grab it the following day!

Pop all o-rings of but be careful and look for any kinks or pinched spots replace if unsure...
Next check your 510 pin is tight... after all this wick is your problem...as for mite flavour in the picture you have a fair old gap between the airflow and coil move them closer... good luck it's a massive learning curve you will have with every tank !!!!

Hey, update - the leaking has finally stopped, but the flavour is very muted. So now I guess I gave to trim my wick just a tiny amount now!

I'm almost there and it's so satisfying to have made it stop leaking.

Thanks for everybody's help!

Glad you’ve had some success mate. Out of interest what brand of cotton are you using and does it come in sheets or as a big wedge that you have to cut up?

Glad you’ve had some success mate. Out of interest what brand of cotton are you using and does it come in sheets or as a big wedge that you have to cut up?

Thanks for the support. Funnily enough, I just put this tank back on last night lol.

I use Cotton Bacon V2 and it comes in relatively thick stripes that I have to separate.

The leak is coming from the gold cylinder piece in the center of the airflow. Does anyone know what this could mean?
Hey mate, I also have the fireluke tank and was also getting the same flooding, i would fill it up and before long the base would fill up and start overflowing out of the airflow holes. I fixed this but using a thicker bit of cotton for wicking, make it just long enough to fold to the bottom of the wicking holes before they are tucked in, don’t fluff them too much so they are nice and tight when you do stuff them in and she works great. Occasionally It will still flood a little when I fill up the tank but I fix that by turning the tank upside down, wrap a tissue around the airflow holes and blow hard into the tank a few times while it’s upside down, that gets rid of any juice that drips after filling. Hope this helped let me know

Also use a little screw driver under the coils to push the cotton away from the air holes a bit so it doesn’t drip into them, and always close airflow when filling

Back
Top Bottom