What's new

How To Nicotine boost calculator

ZendeR

Postman
So recently I went back to simpler times and to predominantly vape mtl. This means that a cupboard filled with 3mg juice is a bit of an overkill for the occasional dabble into cloudier affairs and 3mg doesn't really cut it at 15w. I wanted to increase the nic of my stash but had no idea of the quantities/percentages. Steam engine wasn't really helpful as I'm starting with a base that already contains nicotine. I found a useful formula online for concentrates and translated it into the spreadsheet attached for ease of use. I just need to complete the first row with the starting volume and strength, the final strength wanted and the nic boost available (in mg) and it tells me the volume I need to add and, as an extra, I also included the weight depending on it being vg or pg based (calculated from steam engine). I'll leave it here in case you find it useful (I do!). If you think my table is wrong let me know and I'll amend or remove this post. For the curious, the formula used is:

Ve x ((Nd - Ne) / (Na - Nd)) Where Ve is existing volume, Nd is desired strength, Ne is existing strength, Na is the added strength

Few warnings: I'm not a scientist or mathematician. I did this on my phone and saved it as .xlsx and then compressed so I could upload so have no idea how the format will look (it looks OK on my device). If you're using 18mg nic there's only so much volume you can add to a juice until it turns to water...

Happy bumping :)

Attachments

• Nic boost calc.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 3,379
Adding more nic to liquid thats already made will dilute the flavour concentrate and weaken the flavour.

If you have 100ml 3mg liquid thats made from say 20% flavour and boost it to 18mg using 72mg nic you would end up with just over 120ml of juice thats only 16% flavour.

If you have the concentrates to adjust the flavour concentrate then its no problem but if not then its going to be difficult to get much of a boost with 18mg nic shots.

Last edited:
Adding more nic to liquid thats already made will dilute the flavour concentrate and weaken the flavour.

If you have 100ml 3mg liquid thats made from say 20% flavour and boost it to 18mg using 72mg nic you would end up with just over 120ml of juice thats only 16% flavour.

If you have the concentrates to adjust the flavour concentrate then its no problem but if not then its going to be difficult to get much of a boost with 18mg nic shots.
Agreed it will always dilute the flavour. Hence the warning I put in. With 72mg a little less than 18mg. But between that and throwing away or not using the juice, I think I can live with a little bit of dilution.. ;) It's an option and for my current predicament it makes sense.

Also convenient to if you want something in between 6 and 12mg or 12 and 18mg. ;) Will have to do until my cupboard is all replaced with 12mg Manabush! :18:

Question - if you are changing from 3mg is that a 80/20, 70/30 mix and you want to go to 6mg for mtl then would you want to be adding 100% nic shots to make it nearer 50/50 or wont that matter, I am asking because I`m thinking similar

Question - if you are changing from 3mg is that a 80/20, 70/30 mix and you want to go to 6mg for mtl then would you want to be adding 100% nic shots to make it nearer 50/50 or wont that matter, I am asking because I`m thinking similar
The difference in the spreadsheet between pg and vg is only there to help you mix the extra nic by weight - quite useful for small amounts. I don't think it would be that hard to include a calculation for the pg/vg final ratio but, unless you increase the nic by a quite a lot, it may not make a significant difference without you really really diluting the juice. I'll have a look at it this weekend, as it's a very useful suggestion as it's main use will be, as you say, to turn a dtl liquid into mtl friendly. :hmm:

@iqon can you try this new version mate? was this what you were asking about? @KetracelWhite you can beta test as well :p I only included nic shots being 100% vg or 100% pg as that's my experience...

Edit: right version uploaded this time :doh:

Attachments

• Nic boost calc v2.1.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 253
Back
Top Bottom