What's new

uncomfortable back of throat

robert wild

Postman
hi all,

im a new vaper, i dont smoke so im not addictive to it, i have always liked shisha so i decided to get a vape starter kit (innokin ez watt) with fruity e liquids i bought it from evapo UK couple weeks ago

when i got my hands on it i was like a kid with a new toy, i vaped every evening after work and then i went on holiday so i was vaping every day but all of a sudden one day the feeling and taste of the eliquid wasnt the same as it was when i exhaled from my throat, tasted not nice, bit like smoke

now it feels uncomfortable back of my throat like something is there but its not as i dont have problems breathing, eating, drinking etc, also went to my GP to check my throat and they said all looks fine

i have rested from vapping about a week now and its gradually getting better but throat still feels sore abit

do you think i have ruined my throat/lungs?

thanks,
rob

hi and welcome to the planet

and welcome to your first dry hit or burnt out coil.
usually as soon as we get that taste/feeling we stop immediately and change the coil in the tank for a new one.
the more you vape the quicker the coil will burn out.
the higher the wattage the more juice you will use and it will shorten the life of the coil.
it all depends on the coil and wattage used but if we say they have a life of 10 days - 2 weeks it gives an idea.
oh and yes, if you keep inhaling after the coil has burnt out it is defo not good for you especially your throat. a active coil with juice in it and you are safe.

looks like it comes with mouth to lung 1.5 (10-14watts) and 0.8 (30-35watt) > https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-kits-with-integrated-batteries/innokin-ez-watt-vape-starter-kit.html

Thanks guys

When you say defo not good for you, do you mean long term damage

I don’t think you’ll have damaged yourself permanently, just remember and change the coil when it starts tasting bad. Vaping is definitely less harmful than smoking shisha.

Thanks guys

When you say defo not good for you, do you mean long term damage

If you vaped like that all the time then possibly. The burnt taste is not necessarily burning now so therefore not producing nasties but at some point you've hit it while it didn't have enough juice in it and you've scorched the cotton wick. Bear in mind that after a while you will get build up of gunk on the coil and it will start to taste a bit rank. When you accidentally burn a coil or you notice the taste going just whack a new coil in. Remember to stick some juice on the coil and when you put it in do a good few pulls on it without hitting the fire button - you'll see air bubbles showing you the cotton is soaking up the juice - then you'll be good to go again.

Like @zouzounaki said- not long term harm, just another couple of quid gone from your pocket for another coil ;)

Damn im really scared now big time, think i may stop vaping

When i noticed the change there was liquid in it so the cotton was dry at all

what Junglist said.

dont give up vaping.
just be carefull and next time if you get that burnt hit then stop, change coil and vape on.

Back
Top Bottom