What's new

More bad publicity....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The study also isn't entirely clear how elevated the PAFR levels are by vaping in comparison to conventional smoking. Peter Openshaw from Imperial College London succinctly sums up this concern saying, "Although it is possible that vaping might increase susceptibility to pneumonia, the effect is likely to be lower than from smoking itself. We need further research to determine the effect of vaping on susceptibility to pneumonia in comparison to smokers."

http://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...ed-in-bacterial-infections-such-as-pneumonia/

Edit:
Prof. Peter Hajek, Director of the Tobacco Dependence Research Unit, QMUL, said:

“Data from people, as opposed to cells and animals that are exposed in very different ways, show no sign that vaping makes vapers more vulnerable to infection. They actually point in the opposite direction – previous work suggests smokers who switched from smoking to vaping report no increase, but in fact a significant decrease in respiratory infections1.”

Changes in the Frequency of Airway Infections in Smokers Who Switched To Vaping: Results of an Online Survey’ by Joanna Astrid Miler, Bernhard Mayer and Peter Hajek, Journal of Addiction Research & Therapy, 2016, DOI: 10.4172/2155-6105.1000290

Last edited:
Again, an incomplete study.

They have concluded that vaping increases PAFR, but they haven't tested to see if this in turn increases bacteria.

The anti-bacterial effects of PG are likely to offset any increase and the net effect could actually be a reduction.

Again, an incomplete study.

They have concluded that vaping increases PAFR, but they haven't tested to see if this in turn increases bacteria.

The anti-bacterial effects of PG are likely to offset any increase and the net effect could actually be a reduction.

Yeah! I read about PG online after the vape man in one of my local vape shops told me that. I reckon there's summat in that- I got a cold back in November and it was gone in 4 days- I didn't even get a cough- well I had a little intermittent cough/tickle for an afternoon and the next day the cold had gone! When I rolled up a cold would linger for 2 -3 weeks!

It's BS. I really don't think vaping will ever have any long term implications on your health tbh. If you think about it, your only inhaling propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and nicotine (if its a nici juice) . Both things which are safe to eat. And nicotine is absolutely fine for you.
As far as the pneumonia thing goes, it has also been said that the vapor absorbs before it can do any damage. In other words it's very unlikely it will cause anything like this.
Vaping is still newish and there isn't going to be any rock hard evidence that its safe for many years now, but if you look at the ingredients etc, you can have a pretty good guess.
The only issue was popcorn lung in the early days which was related to the e liquid containing a chemical called diacetyl which was removed and you don't fine e liquids which have it in them anymore.
I think if they ever find something thats harmful in e juice, they will just come up with a safer substitute. Tbh, the only bad side affect i have ever experienced with vaping is feeling sick of the nicotine which is easily controlled by lowering your dosages or just not chain vaping all day. One thing is for sure though, it is a hell of a lot better for you than smoking.

It's BS. I really don't think vaping will ever have any long term implications on your health tbh. If you think about it, your only inhaling propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and nicotine (if its a nici juice) . Both things which are safe to eat. And nicotine is absolutely fine for you.
As far as the pneumonia thing goes, it has also been said that the vapor absorbs before it can do any damage. In other words it's very unlikely it will cause anything like this.
Vaping is still newish and there isn't going to be any rock hard evidence that its safe for many years now, but if you look at the ingredients etc, you can have a pretty good guess.
The only issue was popcorn lung in the early days which was related to the e liquid containing a chemical called diacetyl which was removed and you don't fine e liquids which have it in them anymore.
I think if they ever find something thats harmful in e juice, they will just come up with a safer substitute. Tbh, the only bad side affect i have ever experienced with vaping is feeling sick of the nicotine which is easily controlled by lowering your dosages or just not chain vaping all day. One thing is for sure though, it is a hell of a lot better for you than smoking.

Well there’s also the fact of heated metal coils and the ingredients in the flavours, which seem to be a bit of an unknown.

You’ll find loads of people love diacetyl and still puff it, people that diy their liquid are often mad for the stuff. I got some recently to see what the fuss is about and I have to say it’s not bad. The government recently confirmed that there is much more diacetyl in fags than has ever been in eliquid and smokers don’t appear to get popcorn lung. That particular concern about flavourings appears to be propaganda.

Well there’s also the fact of heated metal coils and the ingredients in the flavours, which seem to be a bit of an unknown.

You’ll find loads of people love diacetyl and still puff it, people that diy their liquid are often mad for the stuff. I got some recently to see what the fuss is about and I have to say it’s not bad. The government recently confirmed that there is much more diacetyl in fags than has ever been in eliquid and smokers don’t appear to get popcorn lung. That particular concern about flavourings appears to be propaganda.
Really? wow you learn something every day! :18: I can't believe people like it so much. Whats so special about it? And yeah it did cross my mind about the coils... Although, when i was desperate for a fag and had no papers, i would put my tobacco in a tin foil pipe and i haven't got cancer yet so can't imagine the coils being too much of an issue. Obviously though if i had done that regularly it would of been a different story so i certainly dont recommend it!! :blondmoment:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom