What's new

Last Call for POTV Attendees?

Blimey!
well maybe not quite that early for me :)
was thinking of setting off 7ish

Well, I am back from Vapefest. Earlier than I anticipated because it was just too damn chaotic, I didnt really get chance to meet any of you POTV folks as I seemed to be stuck in queues at every turn and they were hellish, loads of the vendors were taking cash only but you only found this out when you had battled the horde of people to get to the front any even then I was disappointed with the limited selection of mods I could grab hold of.

My plan was to get in, spend a couple of hundred on the credit card and settle in for the day having a bit of food and a natter. In the end I got fed up with the queue's and just left which leads me to another sore point.

The raffle. After spending half a year getting my line of tickets I realised that no-one took my name or number, therefore, for people like me that got to fed up and left early the line of tickets was a total waste of time and money.

The folks I did chat too were all great, loads were a bit fed up of the huge queues but I got to meet some interesting folks such as Professor Beard of UKV who was a laugh.

Nice to see such an uptake for vaping though, even though the queues were a huge downside, and nice to see such a wide array of mods and devices constantly puffing away. I have fallen in love too - Decadent Vapours Sasaprilla juice - fecking LOVE this stuff.

Unfortunately for me though, buying my mods of the interweb is going to have to be done, rather than lining the account of the vendors at Vapefest.

I guess no big event like this, with no real idea of the numbers involved, free to attendees and organised and ran by volunteers is ever going to be all things to all men so to speak. Queues are inevitable though an utter ball ache.
Bigger venues, more space, less queues, more facilities all cost and I know the organisers have tried their best to keep this a free event.
Glad you met some folks though. Prof Beard is a great bloke :)

I'm sure that people would not mind paying say 3-5 quid to get in. if it meant a bigger venue, and less queing it would be a godsend by the sound of it, still gutted I couldn't go, but theres always next year eh? :)

Mark, to be fair the queues I could have taken in my stride if I had managed to get a little bit of kit on the credit card but I didnt want to have to withdraw cash on the card and incur the extra %'s as a result as I assumed (quite reasonably I think) that in this day and age the credit card would be able to be hammered. I might have tried some of the other vendors if I had not queued for two already and found they only took cash which put me off queuing and trying elsewhere.

There were a LOT of people, it's great that something like vaping has come on and will attract that many people and as you say it is impossible for organisers to judge this so my post was not a dig at those, they put on a free event for which I am thankful as I still came away with about 12 free juices just from queuing and speaking to some interesting people. I think had my shinyitis been fulfilled with a sparkly mod and atty I may have stuck around got sociable.

The raffle thing is a bit of a pisser still though, I had to balance sticking around for the draw and getting soaked on the bike on the way home or setting off early to miss the rain so because my spending was hamstrung I decided on the latter and naturally my £10 on the draw was forfeit.

I think for that though just a name and phone number on the tickets would have been a better option - but would again have added to the already huge queues.

I would have liked to have met some of the POTV mods and guys too as I guess I will be here for the long haul :0 Hopefully next year it can cope more with the volumes of visitors and hopefully I will be a vendor there too (with card machine)

Why should the customers have to pay for the pleasure of putting there hands in there pockets ? For a bigger venue..
If vendors want our money maybe a pitch fee ?
I'll spend my money online tonight slobbed on my settee not being husslled and busselled

Back
Top Bottom