What's new

5000mah mods Vs 18650

darkstar_

Initiate
Way back when I started using batteries, I had a separate charger and had to have a few on the go since they didn't last all day for me. I moved on to the MVP 2 with its huge battery and I was very happy. I loved the idea of a single built in battery which I could charge by USB and last all day.

I upgraded to the Joyetech VTC with its 5000mah battery too and loved it. Then finally I moved onto the MVP 3.
So my question and forgive my ignorance here.

Am I gaining a lot by using these larges batteries? Can a mod with 2 18650 batteries in compete?
I feel I am missing out on some great mods and I've conditioned myself to avoid anything with a battery compartment.
So I watch a review on a new mod and the second the guy pops in two batteries I close the tab.

5000mah mods are also rare it seems. Either MVP, VTC or eLeaf. I cannot find another anywhere.

Is it worth me going back to batteries (which of course I would want to charge from the device and not have a separate charger).

2x 3000mah Sony VTC6 or Samsung 30Q 18650's in parallel like an Therion 75w would do, providing you don't need a ton of wattage.

How do you vape? I have a Joyetech primo 2.0 running at 22w and it lasts me two days on 2 x 2500mah batteries. I reckon using Fogstars 3500mah batteries I could get half a week from a pair?

I use a Vaptio that takes either 2 or 3 batteries. I chose the LG 3000mah and it lasts for days without needing a charge.
I prefer to charge on board and can't be bothered opening and closing things to change or charge batteries. Its no big deal charging it, I just pop the tank on my little Innokin stealth mod until its done.

what juices do you enjoy at 22w and what coil/tank? i struggle at anything under 36w for flavour etc. im interested as i fancy some lower wattage stuff

I use a Vaptio that takes either 2 or 3 batteries. I chose the LG 3000mah and it lasts for days without needing a charge.
I prefer to charge on board and can't be bothered opening and closing things to change or charge batteries. Its no big deal charging it, I just pop the tank on my little Innokin stealth mod until its done.

I found these batteries based on what you said. Forgive my ignorance again but does that mean that it totals 6000mah? So those 2 batteries are better than my 5000mah device? Seems excellent to me if that is the case. I always assumed separate batteries wouldn't last long at all.

what juices do you enjoy at 22w and what coil/tank? i struggle at anything under 36w for flavour etc. im interested as i fancy some lower wattage stuff

I currently use TC control mode set at 260 degrees C. This usually peaks at 50w. The new tank I am looking into however ays it does require 80w. How would this affect battery life with 2x LG 3000mah battery?

I make my own juices, but usually aim for a high VG. So I would guess at 70/80% VG.

I found these batteries based on what you said. Forgive my ignorance again but does that mean that it totals 6000mah? So those 2 batteries are better than my 5000mah device? Seems excellent to me if that is the case. I always assumed separate batteries wouldn't last long at all.

I currently use TC control mode set at 260 degrees C. This usually peaks at 50w. The new tank I am looking into however ays it does require 80w. How would this affect battery life with 2x LG 3000mah battery?

I make my own juices, but usually aim for a high VG. So I would guess at 70/80% VG.
Hi mate. Yep, that's them. They say that it equates to 6000 mah, and effectively should. How they compare against your 5000 it would have to be actually tried out. Reason is that there are many batteries that are rated say, 2200 mah but when tested against a 2000 mah set they are not as good. There are many batteries that the ratings are a joke. Not all, and most reputable brands are what they say. I once tried a set of 2500 mah batteries in a digital camera and the camera operated for just half an hour use, if that . Another brand the same rating gave hours of use.
I'd back the LGs though to deliver what they say as they are delivering days of use before needing a recharge.
Others here could probably give some better advice then I can but I am impressed with the ones I have.

I'm a reasonably heavy at 95w on a smok alien and cloud beast (not the baby 1) and get just about a day out of a pair of Samsung 30Q. The sony vtc5a I do have to change out. But there is a 400mah difference between the two. (800mah for a pair).

80w on those lg's will get a day usage, unless you chain the thing all day. i have a set of those and some samsung 25r's, very similar to be fair.

Thats onlu issue i have with 18650, charging them, i knoe charging through mod doesnt charge them properly or fully, but just a pain sticking them in a dedicated charger as it takes years for it to fully charge its that slow. Are there any decent dedicated chargers that charge at a higher amp? Or am i asking for a firework display?

Back
Top Bottom