What's new

Cotton Picking

Although there was a guy here on the forum a good while ago getting really angry and saying it’s not real cotton, or Japanese, or organic. He was claiming it’s made by the Chinese, from some kind of synthetic cotton substitute substance. This was all Japanese organic cotton he was talking about, not just Labo.

I think this exactly the same stuff - I mean the source of cleaned cotton. Then it's woven into pads, balls, etc. Pads are two major types: muji (more fluffy shorter strands) and koh ken do(longer strands). Different thickness/size pads of both are then purchased, packed and branded. Most reviewers agreed koh ken do wicks slightly faster but the difference doesn't matter in real life. That's my theory :)

Cotton wise I find little difference. Muji is easy to work with as its consistent in size so you know how many coils you can wick. Great for a lazy lump like me.
I do find if I'm having issues with wicking I turn to fibre freaks which is wood cellulose or a cotton cellulose blend and seems to wick fast and consistent. Useful for picky wickers like the mini serpent. Mrs kid takes huge draws and cotton often gives out pretty quickly where as fibre freaks seems to keep trucking. No science to prove this, just plenty of ear bashing from mrs kid on day two of a fresh wick if I've used cotton.

Hmm yours is exactly the same as mine, except yours doesn’t say Labo on it.

Is it a clone?

:D

mine doesn't say 'Labo' on it other than on the back .... that's why I've always called it 'Puff' .... I guess Labo is the parent brand and 'Organic puff' is what the actual product is. :)

http://www.cotton-labo.co.jp/organicpuff/

If I could read Japanese I'm sure all would be clear. ... do you have the large pads or the medium?

WP_20180218_13_03_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20180218_13_03_27_Pro.jpg

I just had a look and actually mine is exactly the same as yours and @kirsteyj87 , doesn’t say labo either! I think they’re medium, has a M in a circle and says 5x6cm.

In fact @simong looks like yours are bigger than mine, mine has 3 rows of pads.

yeah mine are the 'L' sized .... I got these for the corolla's, siren's etc really as they have quite long wicks, they are 6x8cm according to the back of the packet.

mine doesn't say 'Labo' on it other than on the back .... that's why I've always called it 'Puff' .... I guess Labo is the parent brand and 'Organic puff' is what the actual product is. :)

http://www.cotton-labo.co.jp/organicpuff/

If I could read Japanese I'm sure all would be clear. ... do you have the large pads or the medium?

View attachment 152678
View attachment 152680

Thanks for sharing that website @simong
I had a quick look the problem is......
Screenshot_20180225-074035.png

But it says 100% organic cotton :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom