What's new

TPD 2ml tanks loophole

Quite easily could of tried last year tbh just coz regs just changed doesn't mean it couldn't have been tried before
Look at the tfv12 it got released after last years date when it was breaking the TPD no one batted a eye lid and everywhere stocked it without any challenge from anyone so I believe no one ever had the need to try it so wouldn't have [emoji12]

Look at the tfv12 it got released after last years date when it was breaking the TPD no one batted a eye lid and everywhere stocked it without any challenge from anyone so I believe no one ever had the need to try it so wouldn't have [emoji12]
Think we're possibly thinking of slightly different things I'm thinking like a plug in diffuser that pumps out constant puffs of fragrance and I get ur point on tfv12 I'd guess that was released for non eu market but somehow ended up in Europe

But I've just read the Tpd guidelines and it requires a mouth peice to fall as part of Tpd for hardware so could always use a smoke machine......

But I've just read the Tpd guidelines and it requires a mouth peice to fall as part of Tpd for hardware so could always use a smoke machine......
Or a hand held 1000w steam cleaner and a foot of hose pipe [emoji23]

Just go on ebay and buy a cloud beast king tank like me youll be right!:clapping:

My understanding is that not all EU countries have implemented TPD in the same way.
For example Germany has not limited Tanks to 2ml capacity.
Ergo, as EU regulations currently insist upon free movement of goods between Member states, then buying 5ml Tanks in Germany, then importing them into UK should be fine.

The OP has a very good point - be grateful if anyone could shed any light on this

The TPD directive applies to nicotine products - but many vapers use zero percent nicotine - so couldnt everything continue as normal - large tanks, juices for non nicotine products ? (I know mods are unaffected)

If so, all I need to buy is a barrel of nicotine liquid

If so that means the legislation is meaningless, or more importantly it only applies to equipment intended for use with nicotine

EDIT - Had a quick look and I think non nicotine liquids PG/VG/Flavourings are unaffected - they can be sold in large volumes and don't need certification - so my question is will tank manufacturers still produce tanks that cater for these vapers - of course no one would use them for anything but their intended purpose.

I find it daft how when I purchased a new tank. It states on the back of the packaging, "This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance."
No. It did not contain nicotine. It was a clean, sterile piece of kit.... It does now however, after I made the choice to fill it with a flavoured liquid containing 3ml nicotine content!
The mind boggles.

Back
Top Bottom