What's new

Toxic metals found in vapour

Ive only managed to decipher a few things from this.
1) It is a study on metals found in vapour and tests were done on the juice in the bottle, juice in the tank, and the vapour produced.

2) Strangely it shows that there are more trace metals present in the liquid in the tank, than the vapour produced, with metal traces in the bottle reading the lowest.

3) Even stranger is the presence of trace metals in the bottle in the first place and if the levels in all samples were the same i would assume they were naturally occuring trace elements but the amounts of trace elements varied from liquid sample to liquid sample.
I could summarise but am probably assuming in the absence of any other plausible explanation that this could be due to the differing vessels used from liquid to liquid during the manufactoring process.

4) Further puzzlement comes from the results showing that vapour has lower levels of trace metals than the juice in the tank which suggests it cant be the coils contributing to their presence and in fact the vapourising process removes/reduces trace metal levels.

5) I found very little information to clarify what devises were used although it was stated the equipment was provided by 56 every day vapers who agreed to participate in the study and brought their own vape gear.

Thank you for that :)

So is the assumption that the trace metals are occurring when the juice reacts with the metal in the tank as opposed to the coils? Or have they fucked up and tainted their tank samples? Is that even possible?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense really and isn't conclusive until they can find out why the levels of trace metals increase after being put in the tank. And wouldn't it have made more sense to use the same gear for each Vaper so that they could get an accurate test of the different juice samples? 56 tanks and coils seem like an awful lot of variables.

So is the assumption that the trace metals are occurring when the juice reacts with the metal in the tank as opposed to the coils? Or have they fucked up and tainted their tank samples? Is that even possible?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense really and isn't conclusive until they can find out why the levels of trace metals increase after being put in the tank. And wouldn't it have made more sense to use the same gear for each Vaper so that they could get an accurate test of the different juice samples? 56 tanks and coils seem like an awful lot of variables.
Id dismiss the test for the reasons you mention.
Too many variables and like i said unless the trace metals are present in the juice at point of manufacturing it needs stripping back first to determine if they are naturally occuring or have ended up in it due to manufacture.
If the trace metals end up in juice due to manufacture then this will need to be explored.
I also saw no reference to SS coils and did not see anywhere that the tests differentiated based on differing coil materials.
Again another variable that needs exploring.

Sorry there were higher metal traces present in the juice in the tank before it was vapourised suggesting the coils in all examples removed/reduced the levels of trace metals present.

Sorry there were higher metal traces present in the juice in the tank before it was vapourised suggesting the coils in all examples removed/reduced the levels of trace metals present.

But really the whole test sounds like bollocks? Ill thought out and Ill prepared.

But really the whole test sounds like bollocks? Ill thought out and Ill prepared.
Tbh the test looks to have been carried out extremely meticulously but i dont believe the reason the information being gathered was clarified or known to those who carried it out or their would surely be a summary or conclusion given which i did not find or it may have just been omitted.

Saw this elsewhere earlier, can't remember where, been drinking. General opinion was big pharma scaremongering.

What a load of hogwash, aerosols ie gases and such are measured in litres, liquids the same or millilitres. Yet the results are in parts per kilogram, solids like cheese and bullshit are measured in kilos.
And what they found was almost nothing, or why use LOD (μg/kg), which means In broad terms, the detection limit (limit of detection) is the smallest amount or concentration of analyte in the test sample that can be reliably distinguished from zero.

The air you breath is full of trace metals (see here https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304420315300116 ) so the samples are contaminated to start with.

Last edited:
Found the same shit on daily fail aswell, read the headline and didnt bother reading the article just knowing its going to be full of shit like everything else the daily fuckwits report.
This is the problem i said last year, not only is it deterring people from making the switch, but the constant pumping out of bullshit from america, whatever comes along, will start getting ignored like i am doing with it now, to the point where if anything genuine does get publish, im just gunna ignore it because well...
The boy who cried wolf.

Apparently they also found higher concentrations from tanks where users frequently replace the coil, and found higher concentrations of certain of the metals in saliva and urine extracted from the vapers.

I hope someone knowledgeable comes along and gives us their opinion.

Back
Top Bottom