What's new

Ads

Really...well fk me, wish they were not mentioned now...bastard things are all I see now...lol....there's one flashing the now about "toast"

I think possibly if they were static they'd be easier too ignore. 'Toast' flashing up is particularly distracting :D

The ads are not too bad on an iPhone. The in-between posts ones are so scaled down that the flashing is toned down and less distracting, and there’s (obviously!) no side bar ads. The bottom ones barely matter.

On the iPad though, the flashing is horrendous both in the sidebar and the between posts, especially as the body text is rather small for me, making it harder to concentrate.

It’s fine the ads are there to support the site (I’d normally use an adblocker elsewhere), but the flashing has to be counterproductive since I end up resizing the page to shift the sidebar out of sight to get rid of it.

On iPad and I must admit the adverts threaded through the recent posts list makes it quite difficult cognitively to actually read the thread titles. Tried on safari and chrome and am using the dark theme. :(

Back
Top Bottom