What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New mod with decent battery life

the smoants, both the battlestar and the charon both cut off at about 3.5-3.6V which gives the appearance of poor battery life.

the asmodus chip isn't bad at all, find the battery life in the asmodus helve 150W very acceptable indeed. same chip in the 150W minikins.

gtrs vboy is reasonable, possibly the big colour screen isn't helpful and it only fades off after 30 seconds, this is the shortest time in the options. very nice device for around £50 from china though. nice and small, great shape with rubber grip parts on the sides. ideal if you are left handed thumb firing.

dna250 dual battery (166) i think offers the best battery life so far though. the s body c2d1 is great for under £40 if you can find one left in stock, make sure its the 166 version though and not the dna75 one, both look the same and have the same model number.

would personally go for the dna250 chip mod if possible if battery life is your primary concern but unless you find one at the right price it could work out quite expensive depending on what device you buy.

although the mod i use most is the vboy,sure you will be very pleased with it if you choose one.

gtrs vboy in hand, and vboy and c2d1 next to each other for size comparison. both are very compact and feel great in the hand.

IMG_20180218_003851459.jpg
IMG_20180218_003922345.jpg

gtrs vboy in hand

= seems there's a new version of this in the works with some rather outlandish battery options.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10036297/9627853-authentic-gtrs-vboy-222w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

" Developed by the GTRS and YiHi, this device is high performing with an upgraded SX520 excellent chipset to support a maximum output of 222W with dual 20700 batteries. It adopts a clear TFT IPS full-color screen with high resolution, bringing you amazing visual enjoyment. It also comes with an battery adapter, so this device is also compatible with 21700/18650 cells. "

= seems there's a new version of this in the works with some rather outlandish battery options.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10036297/9627853-authentic-gtrs-vboy-222w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

" Developed by the GTRS and YiHi, this device is high performing with an upgraded SX520 excellent chipset to support a maximum output of 222W with dual 20700 batteries. It adopts a clear TFT IPS full-color screen with high resolution, bringing you amazing visual enjoyment. It also comes with an battery adapter, so this device is also compatible with 21700/18650 cells. "

they were in stock in gearbest about 6 weeks ago, still are so it seems. about £49 if you purchase through their app. could be ideal for the OP, great chipset and with a a pair of 21700 should give great battery life in something thats about the same size as the 200w V Boy.

https://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_1512950.html?wid=21

Nice, thought similar. I may well get one of those myself at a later date. Cheers for all the info.

What do you guys think of this? It's a DNA chip and compact. Know it's only 75w but I don't need more than 50w

https://greyhaze.co.uk/collections/box-mod/products/boxin-dna75-by-hugo-vapor

the dna 75 in a dual battery device is a parallel battery configuration, where as the 200 & 250 chip (133 & 166 in dual battery devices) is a series battery configuration.
also the 75 chip is "only" 85% efficiency compared to 97% for the 250 chips.

didn't find the battery life to be all that great in the therion 75 i had, same can be said for the 3 DNA 75C devices i have that are dual battery in parallel.

typically used them at around 45-60 watts.

personally would go for the gtrs vboy 222 from gearbest and if battery life is the big factor, possibly run a pair of 21700, can get these at close to 4000mah per cell.
thats an assumption purely using the supplied mah given for this size of cell....whether in the real world this would provide better life than a pair of samsung 30Q 3000mah 18650 i would wonder.....

although never used 21700 so not sure how they perform compared to an 18650, i did have a few 26650 devices and the sag on this size of battery was ridiculous. whether the 21700 have any deficits like this is something i cannot comment on, perhaps someone else can be more helpful with regards to this.

but worst scenario, either of the vboys, 200 or 222 should be pretty decent with a pair of 30Q in there.

the dna 75 in a dual battery device is a parallel battery configuration, where as the 200 & 250 chip (133 & 166 in dual battery devices) is a series battery configuration.
also the 75 chip is "only" 85% efficiency compared to 97% for the 250 chips.

didn't find the battery life to be all that great in the therion 75 i had, same can be said for the 3 DNA 75C devices i have that are dual battery in parallel.

typically used them at around 45-60 watts.

personally would go for the gtrs vboy 222 from gearbest and if battery life is the big factor, possibly run a pair of 21700, can get these at close to 4000mah per cell.
thats an assumption purely using the supplied mah given for this size of cell....whether in the real world this would provide better life than a pair of samsung 30Q 3000mah 18650 i would wonder.....

although never used 21700 so not sure how they perform compared to an 18650, i did have a few 26650 devices and the sag on this size of battery was ridiculous. whether the 21700 have any deficits like this is something i cannot comment on, perhaps someone else can be more helpful with regards to this.

but worst scenario, either of the vboys, 200 or 222 should be pretty decent with a pair of 30Q in there.

Cheers. Looks like it's a vboy then

Back
Top Bottom