What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Time cap whistle

redmatt76

Postman
Hi all. Ive got the av able stormtrooper and love the flavour off of the time cap. But the whistle is doing my nut. Does any of you apes know how to get rid if the whistle noise? Thanx in advance.

You need to put a tiny chamfer on the outside of the air holes. Mine did the same until I took it into work, clamped it in a pillar drill and ever so slightly countersunk the air holes.

Having looked on places like knucklehead it seems like some replacement caps are sold with chamfered holes expressly to stop any whistling.

I can tell you that the tiny chamfer I put on the cap completely stopped the awful whistle.

1518863836624.jpg

You need to put a tiny chamfer on the outside of the air holes. Mine did the same until I took it into work, clamped it in a pillar drill and ever so slightly countersunk the air holes.

Having looked on places like knucklehead it seems like some replacement caps are sold with chamfered holes expressly to stop any whistling.

I can tell you that the tiny chamfer I put on the cap completely stopped the awful whistle.

View attachment 152548

Cheers for that. I was thinking similar but wasnt sure. I'll give me dremel a go. Cos its a brass cap it should be easier. Cheers once again.

View attachment 152548
It worked. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom